The July Go Sydney meetup will be a hack night.
What is a hack night I hear you ask ? It is an opportunity to bring your laptop, code and ideas and work with other interested Gophers on your project.
No project ? Not a problem. If you're new to Go, or just want something to try, we'll be leading a simple project to write a basic web application in Go. If that isn't your bag, then feel free to work on your own idea.
Who should attend ?
If you're interested in learning to write Go code, have a project that you are working on and would like some feedback or help, or want to meet fellow Gophers, then this hack night is for you.
What should you bring with you ?
You'll need a laptop with your operating system and editor of choice. If you've already got Go installed, that's great. If not, we'll be able to help you get set up.
Google have generously provided the space for us, as well as super green Google wifi, but depending on the numbers power may be an issue, so please make sure your laptop is charged.
18:00 Meetup starts
* Setup, introductions
* We'll go around the room, everyone can introduce themselves, what they are hoping to work on. As some suggestions (which you are certainly not limited too) we have:
* Brad Fitzpatrick from SF is going to be hacking Camlistore
* Stennie from 10gen will be doing something with MongoDB / mgo
* If you’ve never used Go before we'll be able to help you get setup then maybe work through the tour.golang.org
* -or- try to write a simple web application using the net/http package.
18:30 Commence Hacking!!
20:30 (ish) Cease Hacking!!
* Call on a few brave souls who want to present their work. This will be limited mainly by time, we might just go around the room and people can speak from the floor rather than involved presentations.
* Wrap up.
21:00 19th Gopher