addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Goodnik Message Board › WordPress Themes that adjust to a mobile device or tablet

WordPress Themes that adjust to a mobile device or tablet

A former member
Post #: 2
Are there more than just the one template that was discussed on Wed? Thanks again!
Naydene B
user 9068574
Flemington, NJ
Post #: 2
Hi Sandy,

My name is Naydene. I was not at the Wednesday meeting, but would like to offer some input on this if I may. Wordpress currently has about 30 themes on wordpress.org (self-hosted) and 3 on wordpress.com (not self hosted) that adjust to a mobile device or tablet (no I don't work for Wordpress, but I am a fan). The theme I am using for my self-hosted website is called Responsive. Let me know if I can help in any way. Let me know if there is any way I can be of service.

Naydene
Nate H.
NHeasley
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 8
I believe Responsive was the one talked about at the event, and the others that we looked at were the default wordpress themes.

There are thousands of themes out there and I've worked with quite a few of them. The best thing to do is to focus on the content of the site, and then go out and try a few themes and see what works best. For sites that are mostly focused on static pages (rather than blogs) I'd recommend looking for "business" themes. Those tend to work well for static sites.