Got.λ - Göteborg Functional Programming Group Message Board › What would you like to do?

What would you like to do?

Jean-Louis G.
jean-louis
Group Organizer
Göteborg, SE
Post #: 10
We are running toward our 10th meetup, and I must say I am pretty happy with the direction this group has taken!

But I can't help but notice that some of you never really dared to join our real-life meetups, and I'd like to remedy to that.

I suspect that some of you are interested in Clojure, but do not know where to start or are afraid to join a meetup where everybody is already up to speed and ready to code.

So I was thinking that maybe it was time for an "absolute beginner" session, which would cover how to setup your editor for Clojure development, setup all the required dependencies, and quickly review the basics of the language.

Don't be afraid, emacs is not mandatory, as a matter of fact those of us that are coming regularly use a mix of vim, sublime text, light table, vim-in-emacs, IntelliJ and what not, so I'm pretty sure we can get you up to speed with whichever editor you might have! ;)

If you are interested in such a meetup, please let us know by replying to this thread! If you have other suggestions, don't hesitate to send them!

I also made it so that any member of this group can suggest a meetup, so if you have a fancy meetup idea and feel like hosting a meetup, just suggest one on the main page!

See you at our next meetup!
Erik S.
user 38970502
Göteborg, SE
Post #: 5
Great idea!