It's Hammy Time! (Hamstrings and quadriceps, that is..)
As we lose the light in Craig Park, this is a great alternative to our weekly walk. This is an all uphill or downhill walk, with a few short flats on the route.
The route is listed below. **Don't let it intimidate you.** It is challenging at first, but it is gets easier, and the group is accommodating to all levels of fitness.
*If you want to pick some of the legs to do, you can meet up with the group at the top of the hill after each leg. Remember, a hill climbed slowly is still a hill climbed!
PARKING & NOTES at bottom:
ROUTE: The route is determined to take advantage of the street lights as night falls. Walkers will start on Leg 1 at 6:10pm. Route is just shy of 4 miles. Allot 1-1:15 hrs.
Note: Legs 1&2 are the longest in distance, and Leg 3 is the steepest, I believe. Feel free to meet up with the group at the top of the hill for particular legs, if that works best for your own fitness needs.
• Leg 1: Start at parking lot. Go down State College to Yorba Linda Blvd. Cross street and go back up State College.
• Leg 2: Go down Bastanchury to Associated. Cross street and go back up Bastanchury.
• Leg 3: Go down State College to Rolling Hills. Cross street and go back up State College.
• Leg 4: Go down Bastanchury to where it flattens out (before the park). There is a paved opening in the median that we will cross to go back up Bastanchury.
• Yay! Finish at the Vista Park parking lot!
PARKING & NOTES: Start near the oil derrick at Vista Park parking lot, at the corner of State College and Bastanchury. This is a large lot just below Summit House. See photo at bottom for the sign to turn in. Entrance is on the south side of the intersection.
Please bring water. Also, always good to have ID and emergency contact, on any outing. Route is on wide sidewalks. Based on group feedback, we are planning on making this a weekly walk. If you are interested in co-hosting this as a weekly walk, please let Jenny know.