addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Chinese Outdoor Enthusiasts Message Board › Required backpacking gears for this trip

Required backpacking gears for this trip

Eric
user 29957832
San Jose, CA
Hi All (who sign up or are on the waiting list),

I am now providing the following list for your information. Please prepare those gears if you don't have them yet. I will ask each of you about your gears in July again. You will be automatically disqualified if you don't have by then.

Also, make sure you can put all those things into your backpack and hike 10 mile/day for two days. It is NOT a camping trip. I will post the trail later.

Mandatory

1. Backpack (Not for day hiking, must be designed for backpacking trips)
2. Tent Can be shared, but need to let me know who you will share
3. Sleeping bag and sleeping pad
4. Headlamp
5. Water (recommend at least 3 Litters)
6. Jacket (it could be cold and windy at night)
7. Cookware, stove and fuel Can be shared, but need to let me know who you will share
8. Food for 2 lunches, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast
9. Water filter Optional
10. Towel (to dry yourself) Optional

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Liang