Hey fellow Java-ers!
Java SE version 8 is scheduled to be released this September! The big new feature being Lambda expressions (closures). Please join us on Tuesday, April 16, to hear Galen Stevens discuss the following topics about the upcoming update to our favorite language.
- Summary of language, library, and JDK updates
- Lambda expressions, Method references, syntax and examples
- Collections, streams, and parallel execution
- How to download and run the JDK 8 early access build
- Links and references for further information
This is looking to be a great talk. So come out an join us for a thrilling night of Java!