NYC Groovy / Grails Meetup Message Board › Senior Engineer and Lead Engineer @ Yodle, NYC
New York, NY
Hello Groovy Meetup
We are looking to grow Yodle's engineering team of 25 to support new and existing initiatives. Below is some info about our team and environment.
if you'd like to learn more, please try one of our puzzles (found on the link) or shoot me an email : awecler at yodle.com.
Aviv Wecler @ Yodle
Senior Software Engineer
You'll be joining a strong, agile software development team free of PHB types and distractions where you can concentrate on using your superb development skills to create an end-to-end advertising platform that enables local business to get new business from the internet and track and measure the return on investment. We build the full breadth of software required to make Yodle go. Your feature team might be working on core billing systems one project and a telephony solution the next. Examples of our diverse systems include a WYSIWIG site creator, a mobile app for reviews solicitation, an automated search advertising campaign builder, a service discovery framework built on top of Zookeeper, an advanced queuing and syncing system for integration with partners such as Google and Bing, a developer productivity tool for quickly configuring environments, a platform for coupon management and reputation monitoring, and many more.
* Our engineers work on everything from user-interface, backend, content management to messaging, database systems and web services. Regardless of which components you touch, we’ll want you to be involved in design, coding, testing and running the systems.
* Our engineers solve a variety of complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technology.
* We are constantly innovating! We look at ways to improve our core products, seek out products in the market that can be built better and we have an Innovation Department that addresses the future needs of our industry - our engineers are building the software to meet those needs.
* We have shared ownership of our code base. Anyone can and is expected to work on and improve any piece of code. There are no silos!
* 4+ years of experience
* Excellent coding and design skills. Software that works, is reliable, testable and maintainable should be what you do by default.
* You enjoy writing software and take pride in what you build.
* Having programmed in Java will help you get going faster, but your primary languages aren’t as important as being a great programmer.
* SQL proficiency, particularly with PostgreSQL is a plus
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
* BA/BS or above from a Computer Science program preferred
* You should be able to work daily in our office in New York City