NYC Groovy / Grails Meetup Message Board › GroovyMag Bulk Puchasing Discount

GroovyMag Bulk Puchasing Discount

Jean B.
user 2669559
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hey Groovy People,

At our last meeting we discussed possibly pooling together to get discounts on GroovyMag, since it sounds like several members already buy it regularly.

The June issue just came out, so maybe this is a chance to do this.

June issue: http://www.groovymag....­
Single issue is 4.99
3 or more @ $3.99
10 or more @ $3.49

I was thinking of how to best do this, and one way that seems easiest would be to create a virtual meeting that collects $3.99 from each participant (meetup allows you to collect through Paypal or amazon payments). After a few days we'd take the money from people who "attended" the meeting, and purchase that many copies of the magazine to distribute to them.

If anybody has better suggestions, let me know - this seems to solve the problem of collecting money and tracking who is owed what. Let me know if you'd be interested so we can gauge interest - sounded like we should have enough at least for 3 or more people.

Cheers,

Jean
Gautam A.
user 2270660
New York, NY
Post #: 1
+1 for groovy mag

i will be ok for an annual subscription as well. currently the website doesnt give an option for a bulk annual subscription but i am sure we can talk to the groovymag guys about it.
the problem with that scenario is that if we start now with the +3 subscriber rate of $3.99 and later get more subscribers, we might not get the +10 subscriber rate of $3.49

Gautam