addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Groovy / Grails Meetup Message Board › Scala + Grails?

Scala + Grails?

Chris K.
ChrisKing
Newark, NJ
Post #: 1
A Groovy/Grails community seems like it might be filled with a lot of language enthusiasts, so I'm wondering - what do you guys think about Scala?

I'm just getting into it and I've started a library + client/server project in Java, Groovy, and Scala. Groovy makes things super-easy, but performance is a bit of a bear... it seems Scala's performance is closer to Java.

After this little project I am sure I'll end up installing the Grails Scala Plugin and adapting some bottleneck code to Scala, but I notice that for some reason the plugin doesn't allow Scala code to depend on external Java or Groovy code... seems like this shouldn't be a problem, anybody know why this is?
Chris K.
ChrisKing
Newark, NJ
Post #: 2
Looks like I joined the group about 3 months late - anybody have materials or notes from the Polyglot meetup?