Last month we got hung up on definitions and didn't really explore our topic in depth. So, at the request of several who attended, we will continue this Thursday. Lat month's post is copied below.
Did God Create Evil and if so why?
Thursday is the Christian celebration of Maundy Thursday or the last supper which is followed by Good Friday(the crucifixion) and then a rising from the dead on Easter Sunday. Plenty of evil in this drama followed by a spectacular triumph. Might lead one to examine the possible purposes for evil in the world.
I know this might be a loaded topic, so I will lay a few basic premises from which to launch this discussion.
For discussion purposes let's assume the following to be true.
1. God is good, perfect & loving toward human beings.
2. God created all that exists.
3. Evil is real.
From this basis let's attempt to answer these questions:
1. Why does a loving God create an opportunity for evil to enter His creation?
2. Does the presence of evil ever lead to good things? When & Why?
3. How do you think evil should be dealt with, avoided, confronted, embraced, other?
Hope to see you on Thursday