Difficulty: Mild and Fun
Age: 18 - 40 yrs
Trek days: Two Days and Three Nights
Activities: Hiking, Camping.
TOTAL SPOTS: 15 (Incl Organizers)
Please join Waiting List and Make your payment to confirm your slot.
Ahobilam – The Land of Nava Narasimha Swamy Temples:
A small village nestled amongst Nallmalla Hills near Kurnool in Andhrapradesh about 380km from Hyderabad. Ahobilam is the place where Lord Narasimha(avatar of Vishnu) killed Hiranyakasipu and saved his son prahalada. Aho means "great" and Balam means "strength". Ahobilam consists of 9 Narasimha temples of which 5 are in caves situated in deep forests and needs good amount of trekking. The temple is divided into 2 parts - Upper Ahobilam and Lower Ahobilam, called as Eguva and Diguva Ahobilam respectively, in local language. Upper Ahobilam is about 8km away from lower Ahobilam. Of these nine shrines, Yogananda, Chathravata and Bhargava Narasimha swami shrines are in lower Ahobilam and the remaining six are in upper Ahobilam. There is also another temple of Lord Narasimha Swami, called as Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swami temple, in the lower Ahobilam where the idol of the Lord is believed to be installed by Lord Venkateshwara of Tirupati. The Lord in this shrine can be called as the tenth form of Lord Narasimha Swami. Later, the temple was built by the rulers of Vijayanagara Empire. A local tribe called ‘Chencu’ inhabits the place. Ahobilam has a major eligious significance and is the major centre of pilgrimage in south India located in Nandyal in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. Also known as "Singavel Kundram", Ahobilam is the abode of Lord Narasimha, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu in man-lion form.
Please answer all the Question's
COST: Estimated Rs.1700/-
Actual Expense statement will be shared at the end of the event.
What we do: Trekking & visiting temples
Difficulty level: Medium
Its a team of 15 members
Age: 18 to 40
NOTE: Event host have all rights to add or remove any member and do any necessary change in route, activity, time and duration according to situational needed, organizer decision is final [its all about safety]
Tentative Itinerary: [may change later]
2nd Aug 2013 (Fri):
09.00 P.M: Bus travel to Allagadda and then to Ahobilam.
3rd Aug 2013 (Sat):
07.00 A.M: Reach Ahobilam .Freshen up at the Guest House.
09.00 A.M: Start the Trek, Visit all temples at Upper Ahobilam.
07.00 P.M: Camp outside in Ahobilam if weather permits or come back and stay in the rooms, Dinner, Relax with trees surrounded. Maybe a short night trek.
4th Aug 2013 (Sun):
05.00 A.M: Trek at Lower Ahobilam and trek and trek till a bathing place is reached.
10.00 P.M: Bus from NANDYAL to Hyd
The food is served in the temples(Satrams) which is said to be good. We can try that as well :)
5th Aug 2013 (Mon):
06:00 A.M: Reach Hyd
Payment Details :
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Current
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills.
IFSC Code: ICIC[masked]
Transaction/Payment Remark: [masked]_ your name
(or) Pay using credit card here
Once payment is done comment your transaction ID or number below for confirmation.
Payment Due Date: July 2013. No Cash deposits into the bank please.
1. Attire: Light and stretchable trousers and shorts; Avoid heavy jeans; Shoes - socks 3 pairs and Slippers (it’s always comfortable while traveling), Swim suit, Rain Jacket, Shorts, Towel
2. Medical Kit: Personal medicines if any: I will bring First Aid kit
3. Food & Water: 2 lts per head
Food: Dry Fruits; Fruits; chocolates; biscuits; Plum cakes and anything you like to eat
4. Things: Torch; Pocket Knife; Sun screen, Good Rucksack or Backpack; Camera and all toiletries (Soaps, Creams, Towel, Brush etc.)
5. Bedding: (Sleeping Bag/Bed sheets) + Air Pillow (Optional) + Muffler or Monkey Cap
Valid Govt. issued Identity Card with a Photo copy
Medical Emergency card (If any)
2 emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip so don't expect any
4) Food will be mostly vegetarian
5) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
6) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
7) You cannot go off trail or move about alone without informing the organizers
8) Do not take unnecessary risks and always follow the organizers' directions
9) No antisocial, deviant or unacceptable social behavior
Anybody not following this guidelines and rules will be asked to leave immediately and removed from the group.
Please bring a signed copy of this declaration -
For any further queries:
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: GHAC refund rules apply
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.