Introducing in GHAC, the RLSS (India)’s First Aid Training Module, designed to empower GHAC participants (18yrs+) with knowledge and skills to provide basic first aid, in order to assist in a victim’s survival, prior to transfer to a medical or paramedical facility. This timely assistance is most critical to victims, and in most cases, saves lives ! A first-aiders immediate response in the first fifteen minutes after an accident is the determining factor of what will happen to the victim in the next one hour. RLSS (India) has prepared this module to train members of the GHAC in the basis First Aid module in two days.
As per RLSS(I) module document, the training will cover:
· Victims with no breathing or pulse through CPR.
· Bleeding External, Bleeding Internal; Fractures and Dislocations; Head, Neck and Back Injuries.
· Bandaging, Splinting, Immobilising, spine board, moving and carriage of a casualty.
· Shock/Electric Shock.
· Burns simple/severe - the 9% rule; chemical burns etc.
· Heart Attack; Cardiac and Respiratory Arrest; Choking; Loss of Consciousness;
· Ear Emergencies, Eye Emergencies (Foreign object or chemical in the eye.) Nose Emergencies.
· Heat Stroke and Heat Exhaustion; Hypothermia and Frostbite; Poisoning; Seizures; Spider and Snakebite.
· Scorpion, bee, hornet stings.
· Lifesaving in aquatic environment.
The training module is divided into 60% practical and 40% theory sessions. Anyone knowing skills to help a person in distress is an asset at home, in transit, and at work. The benefits in terms of money spent in training vs. money spent after an emergency for this very important human resource is enormous. The Training will be in English Language.
Training Module Costing Detail includes
1. Training with Certification Rs.1000/-
2. Basic Veg meals & Accommodation for 2 days Rs.500/-
TOTAL COST Rs.1500/- per participant to be paid in advance with the completed application form with 2 latest colour PP size photographs + 1 Color Stampsize photograph + 1 Photocopy of a valid photo ID.
Please pay to;
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club,
A/C No[masked] (Current Account)
ICICI Bank Ltd,
Road No 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
NEFT/ISFC Code: ICIC[masked]
Please mention meetup id : "[masked]_YOURNAME", in comments while transferring amount. NO cash deposits please. GHAC is facilitating this meetup on Cost-To-Cost basis for its participants.
You can also make the payment in full using your credit card at the below link:
Sujatha Public School has offered us via RLSS their campus facility on No-cost basis. We all need to pool our vehicles and travel to the venue & back. Participants need to share among themselves the fuel cost for about 40 kms, to & fro from the starting point.
Common meeting point to start to the venue : Morine Bakery at the Nanal Nagar Crossroads (Crossroads with a Big Hand Sculpture on the Mehdipatnam- Gachibowli Main Road) Start Time 7:30 AM. Last Reporting Time at the School venue is 8:30 AM.
Its compulsory to pay the training cost in advance, in full and, to fill in the application form in all respects for the issue of the certificate (Download here) : http://files.meetup.com/1166925/RLSS%20Application%20Form.pdf
What to carry along:
1. Completed application form with 2 latest colour PP size photographs + 1 Color Stampsize photograph + 1 Photocopy of a valid photo ID.
2. A light backpack with basic toiletories.
3. A swimming kit if you have, a quick dry towel and a pair of floaters.
4. Wear sports shoes, carry 1 extra pair of socks.
5. Wear & Carry comfortable outdoor sports wear change for 1 day.
6. A jacket, a bedsheet, odomos gel tube for the night.
(There is seperate domitory arrangement for men & women for the night.)
Intro of RLSS (India)
Rashtriya Life Saving Society (India) has trained and certified more than 80,000 people from various cadres of Indian Society in First Aid and Lifesaving. A branch of the Royal Life Saving Society (Commonwealth) and a member of the International Life Saving Federation, RLSS (I) is a registered charitable Trust in India. It has pioneered a national level movement to educate people in first aid, lifesaving and road safety. This movement has contributed handsomely to develop lifesaving practices in the country.
Note: The RLSS (I) certificate is issued to the sucessful participant is valid for 1 year from the date of issue, and subsequently it needs to be re-validated by undergoing the re-fresher module & payment of the notified certification fee to RLSS.
For more info : Text / Email our Organizing Volunteers team.
Rajesh Reddy :[masked]
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.