Have you ever wondered what it is to be in the air or fly?Did you at some point of your life pretended as a superman, a bird or an Airplane?Do you need one good reason to strike off that one thing you always dreamed of from your to-do or bucket list?
If it?s a ?Hell Yeah? for all of the above!
Let?s go skydiving before the year actually kick starts :) With winds gushing on to your face, your mind working in sync with you heart, you are focused. You can feel the adrenaline rush in your veins and hear every breath you take. Get rid of the fear and step out and experience the world with confidence, courage and focus ? that's what skydiving is all about.
Sky Diving :Parachuting, or skydiving, is the action sport of exiting an aircraft and returning to earth with the aid of gravity while using a parachute to slow down during the final part of the descent. It may or may not involve a certain amount of free-fall, a time during which the parachute has not been deployed and the body gradually accelerates to terminal velocity.
A typical jump involves individuals exiting an aircraft (usually an airplane, but sometimes a helicopter or even the gondola of a balloon), at anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000 meters (3,000 to 13,000 feet) altitude. If jumping from a low altitude, the parachute is deployed immediately; however, at higher altitudes, the skydiver may free-fall for a short period of time (about a minute) before activating a parachute to slow the landing down to safe speeds (about 5 to 7 minutes).
There are several ways one can get started in this sport and make a first jump.
1. Static Line : In parachuting, a static line is a cord connecting the deployment bag of the parachute to the aircraft from which the parachutist jumps. After Exiting out the aircraft, this short line pulls the parachute deployment bag from its container. After that, the parachute deploys. The static line separates from the parachute, and remains in tow behind the aircraft. It is subsequently pulled in and stowed away by the Jumpmaster. Static lines are used in order to make sure that a parachute is deployed immediately after leaving the plane, regardless of any actions taken by the parachutist , however the parachutist must adopt and maintain a suitable body position throughout deployment to minimise the chances of a parachute malfunction, and twists.
2. Tandem : Tandem skydiving refers to a type of skydiving where a novice skydiver, student or passenger is connected with a harness passenger to an experienced skydiver, Tandem Master or Tandem Instructor. The instructor controls the whole jump from exit through free fall, opening the parachute, piloting the canopy, and landing. The student needs only little instructions and briefing before making a Tandem Skydive.
3. Accelerated Free Fall : Accelerated Free fall (AFF) : is also a method of skydiving training. It has replaced static line progression as the most common method of training skydivers. Two or more instructors assist the student during free fall and deployment of the parachute.
ITENARY( May vary later) :
3rd Oct : Start to Dhana( Madhya Pradesh) from Hyderabad @ 8 am
4th Oct: Theory & Practicals
5th Oct: Depending on the weather, we take a dive or the next day.
6th Oct: Start back to Hyderabad
19500 INR for 4000 ft single static jump + Ground Photos + Transport, Food & Accommodation + GHAC fund and Organizers discount as applicable
37300 INR for[masked] feet tandem jump + Ground Photos + Transport, Food & Accommodation +GHAC fund and Organizers discount as applicable
44900 INR for 12000 feet AFF + Ground Photos + Transport, Food & Accommodation +GHAC fund and Organizers discount as applicable (AFF includes one static line Jump)
P.S. Tandem Skydiving needs maximum 1-2 hours of training. So, you all can come, jump and leave on the same day.
Registration Fees (Non - Refundable) :-You need to register to book your slots for skydiving jump.
Static Line Jump - Rs 2500
Tandem Jump - Rs 5000
Accelerated Free Fall - Rs 5000
Cost price of respective jump types are inclusive of registration fees , so once you pay registration fees, you need to pay only the balance amount to avail jumps.
Medical Requirement for taking skydiving :-
? Your BMI should be below 28
? One should be physically fit and weight has to be below 90 kg for static, TANDEM & AFF.
? One need to get a medical certificate of fitness form a general medical practitioner which has to mention if you are medically fit for skydiving activity.
? It is always good if does not have any history of high BP, cardiac problems or serious back/neck injuries.
Things to carry:
1. Firstly, your sense of Adventure!
2. Extra pair of clothes
3. Photo id card- A govt. recognised one
6. A water bottle
7. your personal medical kit
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Current
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills.
IFSC Code: ICIC[masked]
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked] _your name
Alternatively, you can use your credit card for payment. using the below link
? You can pay for the event using your credit/debit card here:
You can come to GHAC office to swipe the card.
There is a 2.4% transaction charge on credit card payments which is
automatically calculated. For the swipe card you have to add 1.6 %
All GHAC Meetup Guidelines Apply: http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/Club_Guidelines
*This is a first come first serve type of event so make the payment and book your slots.
*After making the payments leave your comments with the transaction details and I shall confirm the member and move them to GOING LIST.
* Registration closes on 10th October 2013.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) Food will be mostly vegetarian
4) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
5) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
6) Do not take unnecessary risks and always follow the organizers' directions
7) Reach the meet up point on time
8) No antisocial, deviant or unacceptable social behavior
Anybody not following this guidelines and rules will be asked to leave immediately and removed from the group. Organizers discretion is FINAL.
Please bring a signed copy of this declaration -
Your RSVP is VOID, if you don't answer all the questions
For any further queries: