Trek Type: Hiking, Trekking, Night Camping, Stargazing & Boating
For Whom: Only for Ages 18+ and physically fit
Trek Level: Easy to Moderate
Yellow line in above map shows the 3 hours boating route we take to reach Island. We will cook and camp on Island.
The above pictures shows the latest picture of island (marked yellow). Island have 2 oldest temples and the views and sunrise from Island are breathtaking.
Tentative Itinerary (may vary):
21st September Saturday:
4.30 am (sharp): Meet at MGBS Main Enquiry
4.45 am: Catch APSRTC bus to Devarakonda from MGBS
7.30 am: Reach Devarakonda
7.30 am to 8.30 am: Have breakfast
8.30 am: Catch bus to reach the base village
12.00 pm: Reach base village and start hike till river bank
01.00 pm: Boating to Island
4.00 pm: Reach island
4.30 pm to 6.30 pm: Dinner preparation, campfire and Pitch tents (Outdoor cooking, everybody is expected to help.)
6.30 pm to 8.30 pm: Fun :)
8.30 pm to 11.30 pm: Star gazing and fall asleep seeing stars
22nd September Sunday:
6.00 am: Wakeup call
6.00 am to 7.00 am: Enjoy sunrise and photography
7.00 am to 7.30 am: Scramble down Island
7.30 am to 8.00 am: Refresh and board boat and Reach river bank
8.00 am to 11.00 am: Return hike and reach base village
11.00 am to 11.45 am: Lunch @ village
12.00 pm: Board RTC Buses and travel back to Hyderabad
5.00 pm: Reach Hyderabad MGBS.. Tata.. bye..bye... (:
Things to bring: [ All are compulsory]
1) Good and positive mood :)
2) 1 track pant / loose trousers or jeans (stretchable) - full length
3) 1 T-shirt - (please avoid bright colored and shiny clothes)
4) mosquito cream
5) sun hat / head gear
6) Camera to capture photos
7) Torch / Flashlight / headlight with spare batteries
8) Medicines you need
9) Tiffin Box to carry lunch or u can manage with a plastic cover or paper
10) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars / Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture
11) Water bottle 2 liters and 1 empty 2.5 liters to fill in village
12) Toiletries (tooth brush, paste, small towel / napkin, comb)
13) 2 biodegradable plastic bags medium size to carry waste
14) Photo Id (Employee / College Id, Pan card / Election Card / Driving License) with a xerox copy
15) A rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in and hang on your back, try to keep the bag less than 5 kgs
16) Sleeping Bag or 2 bed sheets. Its Island and it can get very cold in the night.
If interested add yourself up in waiting list and we will pick you up. Selection is upon organizer(s) discretion.
Strictly no getting into water by any chance
No smoking and no alcohol
No littering, no pollution of water
This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
We carry Basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need any special attention.
If you dont feel well, bring it to the notice of the organizers immediately.
This is an exploratory trek, kindly bear with anything that might come ahead of us.
This is a simple exploratory trek. All expectations are imaginary.
Cost Approx 1800/- , we have to share extra expenses if occur or if it is below 1800 refund will be done the same day after the trek.
Payment Details :
Please add yourself to the waiting list and make a payment to the below account ASAP and mention your transaction details to confirm your spot. You'll be moved to "going list" upon confirmation.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Current
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills
IFSC Code: ICIC[masked]
You can also pay through credit card:
Please mention payment remark as[masked]_YOURNAME
Responsible Trekking: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible.
Contact Details: Rama Raju -[masked]
Note: No last Minute Dropouts please! This is a rare event and a lot of effort have been put to plan the event. No shows are considered very seriously. Members who RSVP and do not turn up on the event day please forget about refund, no discussions later!
Pay first and reserve your slot!