East Godavari, Maredumilli
Hey people!! Come rejuvenate yourselves with the greens of the Forest and blues of the water - Maredumilli and Rampachodavaram Falls
RSVP......MAKE PAYMENT..........CONFIRM YOUR SLOT
1) Read the Complete page before doing RSVP
2) Trek is open for all
3) Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate.Read itinerary for details
4) You will be confirmed after making the payment only
5) No last minute drop outs, can drop out 3-4 days before the event but with replacement.
Last minute drop outs would not be refunded and blacklisted since they are blocking a spot.
6) Your RSVP will not be considered if you do not provide answers to the questions
The Maredumilli Forests of East Godavari District are having rich biodiversity and the area is having semi evergreen forests and moist deciduous with undulating terrain, which forms part of the Eastern Ghats. It offers a visual feast to the visitor of forests, rich in flora and fauna, undulating hilly terrain, silvery streams cascading down the rocks, waterfalls, fragrant medicinal plants, the pine and golden bamboo clumps and many more attractions.
The Camping Spot:
The Semi evergreen forests of Agency track in East godavari District is blessed with many picturesque spots and perennial waterfalls, Rampa V.S.S is having high forest with Neelakanteswara and Rampa water falls. Sri Neelakanteswara Vana Vihara sthali is situated at about 4km from Rampachodavaram village of East Godavari District. Traditionally people like to take bath in the stream coming from sri Neelakanteswara waterfalls and after that they visit the ancient temple at lord shiva which is situated in Rampa Village.
Taste the famous Bamboo Chicken --
Friday (27th September, 2013)
9:00 Pm : Bus to Rajamundry
Saturday (28th September, 2013)
06:00 AM - Reach Rajamundry
10:00 AM - Reach Maredumilli forest camp and then fresh up and have Bfast
11:00 AM - Pack Lunch and Start to Forest trek
06:30 PM - Return to Camp site, and relax
08:00 PM - Dinner and a small night trek(Accompanied by a local guide),
09:30 PM - Camp fire and loads of fun activities :D:D
Sunday (29th September, 2013)
06:00 AM - Start to Rampachodavaram Falls
05:00 PM - Return and start back to Rajamundry
07:00 PM - Reach rajamundry and have dinner
09:00 PM - Train to Hyderabad ( Goutami Express )
Monday Morning (30th September, 2013)
06:00 AM - Reach Hyderabad..then TaTa.. BYe Bye.. :)
Payment Details :
Payment Amount : Rs 3700/-
Account No: [masked]
Account Type: Current
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills.
IFSC Code: ICIC[masked]
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
No Cash deposits into the bank please.
Once payment is done comment your transaction ID or number below for confirmation.
Just 1: We are trekkers hence be prepared for worse. “Do not grumble.”
Things which everyone in the Group will share the burden of:
2) Food supply (will decide whether food needs to carried or not)
3) Firewood if climate permits
4) Guard Duty at night in turns if we are camping
Things to bring:
1 Loose Cargos/Jeans full length only, Jacket/Windcheater, Long sleeved T-shirts to avoid trouble from bushes/shrubs/t horns/leeches/mosquitoes, extra pair under garments, Swimming suit or Shorts, Rain gear,1 Pair Trekking shoes/boots (ones which you are already used to and comfortable in) preferably with gaiters to prevent leeches getting in with extra socks,
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
3) Food & Water (light and enough to meet basic necessity for 2 days):
ORS/Energy drinks, Dry Fruits, Energy bars, Biscuits, Chocolates, Plum Cakes, Snacks, Fruits, Vegetables
a) Valid Govt. issued Identity Card with a Photo copy
b) Medical Emergency card (If any)
Last but not the least, lots of energy, an open mind and a positive attitude filled with smiles
Note: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip so don't expect any...and be ready to rough it out in the wild
4) Ladies and gents accommodation in separate tents
5) Food will be mostly vegetarian
6) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8) If you can’t swim don't go deep into the water
9) You cannot go off trail or move about alone without informing the organizers
10) Do not take unnecessary risks and always follow the organizers' directions
11) Reach the station on time
12) No antisocial, deviant or unacceptable social behavior
Anybody not following this guidelines and rules will be asked to leave immediately and removed from the group.
For any further queries Contact :
Hitendra (Maddy) :[masked]