Nallamala forest, we Hyderabad is are gifted with this place just about 180kms away ... a descend of about[masked]ft and this takes you to the spot which seems like a spring burst out of the seams of the heavens. Literally meaning a 'Shower of Jasmines', Mallelateertham is a waterfall showering from a height of about 110ft. A wonderful lush canopy covers the nearby areas. The initial 40ft of the waterfall are heavily jagged rocks.
The remaining length is a majestic monolith. The water collects in a deep and wide pool and the landscape is a great treat for the eyes.
Please answer to the questions posted otherwise your RSVP will not be considered.
What do we plan to do?
Nothing exhaustive lads, just a mild trek along the downstream of the waterfall and nearby areas.
Start our drive from Hyderabad (We plan to hire a mini bus) at 5.00 A.M and reach Mallelateertham by 10.30 -11:00 A.M.
Take some rest and make our way down to the waterfall and a mild trek down the stream.
Yes-yes we will take a shower under the waterfall after the trek.
Post shower, take rest until the sun gets a wee bit weaker. Start for another mild trek exploring the nearby areas.
Around 6:00 PM we start our trip back to Hyderabad.around 11-11:30 reach back home.
Pre-requisites: Just 1: We are trekkers hence be prepared for anything worse. “Do not grumble.”
Things to get:
1) sun hat/ screen
2) Trekking Shoe with Anklets preferred
3) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries
4) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture ( for the poor)
5) water bottle - 3 Litres
6) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License) with a xerox copy
7) 2 Labled emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, Blood Group, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
8) Light wind sheeter / Poncho / Rain cover
9) Signed Disclamer
1) No smoking and No alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Food will be mostly vegetarian
5) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
6) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
7) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
Payment Details: Transfer the amount asap, to confirm your place.
Cost of the meetup: Rs.800 excluding food.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Current
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills.
IFSC Code: ICIC[masked]
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]your name
Credit Card Payment Link:
All GHAC Meetup Guidelines Apply http://files.meetup.com/1166925/GHAC-Disclaimer-2012.pdf
No Refund if you drop without replacement or within 48 hours of start of the event as It will put extra burden to those who are coming.
Note: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
Pls give preference for contacting through Email ID
Karthik:[masked] (prefer sms)