November 2, 2013 · 5:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Rappelling is a technique of descent from vertical faces with the aid of ropes and specialized rappelling equipment. It is the quickest and easiest way to get a taste of mountaineering. Perfect as an introductory adventure, Rappelling also has a psychological application in boosting confidence and courage.
Rappelling is one of the most dangerous aspects of climbing. More accidents occur with rappelling than any other climbing activity - Please do not try this, without a safety belay in place and without direct supervision of a skilled and experienced instructor. Too many people have lost their lives or have become seriously injured trying rappelling without supervision and safety in place.
Eligibility: above 12 Yr and Above
Children should be accompanied by a parent
We will meet at Sanman Hotel Tarnaka X road at 5:30 AM and proceed towards bhongir via the uppal road on the warangal highway
Car pool based on no.of people.Destination is about 48Km.If Bikers want to drive-they can. (Petrol cost will be shared among all people equally.
Things to bring:
Duly signed disclaimer –
Members cannot take part in the activity without the disclaimer
* Wear light color Full track pants and T-shirts (half sleeve or full sleeve) (no knickers or sleeveless / sando t-shirts /jeans allowed)
* Wear sport shoes.
* Sun cap
* At-least 1-lt water
* Get fruits /juices /energy bar / something to munch on after and during the trek
* Get your camera if u want to take snaps
* No Loose Hair
* No loose clothing's (Tug your T-shirt)
* Don’t carry any Mobiles or valuables while doing the activity.
* Keep away from the Rock Slope.
Donation: 250 Rs will be collected as donation for the equipment purchase for GHAC.
People with recent rappelling(Period of 1 Month) and/or their last event as "NO SHOW" and are not allowed.