We at GHAC Nature are working closely with the Wildlife Conservation Society and invite application from physically fit people above 18 years of age who are willing to
Volunteer for joint patrolling in the Melghat Tiger Reserve
It is a unique opportunity and since we have limited spots and we are working with Government department and another society we need only people who are 200% sure that they want to do this.
Check this post about my experience in Bandipur for Eco Volunteer training, but remember Melgahat is not training but actual field visit
Below are the expectations
1. You will travel on your own to the destination and bear all your expenses
2. You will stay inside the forest with forest guards and patrol in the jungle on foot in hilly terrain for one week. Daily hiking/walking expected is anywhere between 10-15 KM per day. ( This is just an estimate the walking could be more or less depending on the beat, terrain and other factors in a jungle which are beyond controll)
3. You will do your own cooking and bear the expenses.
4. It is NOT a Photography trip, so those interested only in taking pictures please do not RSVP. Please apply if you are serious about wildlife and nature conservation.
5. We will scrutinize the application and forward the selected candidates to the concerned people for processing of your application.
6. GHAC is not charging anything for this as our purpose is to provide good volunteers for the same. But you will have to pay all your expenses etc. for travel, food incidentals etc.
7. You need to make your own travel arrangements. We will provide you will all the schedules and time tables.
8. Initially we are participating in the program for 3 Months and batches need to report every Sunday and stay in there till next Sunday. The volunteers will leave on next Sunday.
9. Batches report to Melghat every Sunday and in the application Form you need to give 2 choices and based on availability dates will be allotted.
10. Please note you will be in a National park so no Alcohol, smoking or any other substance abuse, or any kind of arm and ammunition will be allowed to be carried.
If interested please fill all the questions attached and we will approach the shortlisted candidates.
This is a cross post from GHAC Nature. Please join and RSVP here: