Most blogs mention this to be the toughest and the most scenic trek in Karnataka. So gear up for an exciting trek.
Age: 18 and Above with Good Fitness and Experience
Join the waiting list and make the payments. Preference will be given to trekkers with experience.
Kumara Parvatha is a mountain located in Subramanya (village) of Sullia taluka, Karnataka. The village is known for the Hindu Kukke Subramanya Temple. In spite of being a small village, it is a well-known shrine, and draws large number of devotees throughout the year. The peak is at a height of about 1712m, and is about 13 km from the temple. This mountain is on the border between Dakshina Kannada and Kodagu districts, so the lights of Somwarpet town in Kodagu can be seen from the peak.
The base hill is folded into three connected projections, namely - Kumaraparvata, Seshagiri and Pushpagiri peaks. The Shola forests are thick and ever green. This is a wonderful opportunity to feel the heaviness of the rain forests of Dakshina Kannada.
We will be moving from Kukke Subramanya temple to Somvarpet through these three tall hills to Mallalli falls. Pushpagiri is the third tallest peak in Karnataka. Most of the trekkers across several blogs have mentioned it to be a tough trek, with most mentioning it as the toughest in Karnataka.
What do we plan to do?
Cover Seshagiri, Kumaraparvata and Pushpagiri. We will have to push ourselves.
COST: 3300 INR
* Cost covers travel(will be lesser if we book train. If payments come in early, we could book train, else bus to bangalore) and emergency expenses only. Extra saved will be returned equally before the end of the trek.
* GHAC refund rules apply
thursday :take bus/train to bangalore
friday : plan a small half/full day trek.start to kukke in the eve.
wake up ....strt the trek
Camp at the top of kumaraparvata.
Sunday: Camp awakens at 5 AM
Reach Bangalore for train/bus to Hyd
Monday : Reach Hyderabad (8:30am mostly)
1) no smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) ladies and gents accommodation in separate tents
4) Get your own food
5) Pack light weight < less then 10 KG - including 2 L water
Things to Bring
1) Your own food * - mostly dry stuff like chapatis, dry fruits, chocolates, and energy bar/drinks - do not get bread or biscuits.
2) 1 track pants/ loose trousers
3) 1 full hand T-shirt * ( please avoid bright coloured and shiny clothes)
4) mosquito cream
5) own basic first aid kit
6) sun hat/ screen (30spf) (optional)
7) Trekking shoes with Anklet *
9) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries*
10) Water bottle - 2 Litres
11) Toilet paper / wet tissues
12) Toiletries ( Herbal tooth brush, soap, small towel/napkin)
13) 2 biodegradable plastic bags medium size to carry waste
14) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License)
15) A rucksack / haversack *
16) Rain protection - rain sheeter or a tarpaulin with rope *
17) Sleeping Bag *
18) Wind sheeter
19) Smiles* :-)
* - Mandatory
Pre-requisites : Nothing much. We are out for an adventure. So be prepared for anything worse. Do not grumble.
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club,
A/C No 038205001748 (Current Account),
ICICI Bank Ltd,
Road No 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
NEFT/ISFC Code: ICIC0000382
Mention the meetup id and you name in the transaction in the comment box
you can also pay with credit at following link...
Praveen Kumar : 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.0.0.
Goutham : 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.1.1.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.