Koil Konda in mahboobnagar district has numerous hills and lakes. The location is 125 KM from Hyderabad.
Important and Prominent places in koilkonda are
Koilkonda Fort: the erstwhile outpost of the Qutab Shahi dynasty, is perched on a hilltop, To reach the top, one needs to trudge across a deep canyon on the west or a series of streams if coming through east before reaching a plight of steps that leads to the fort.
To enter the Koilkonda Fort, seven gates have to be crossed. The first one spots an inscription of Ibrahim Qutab Shah that dates back to 1550. Fourth gate leads to a dilapidated palace. Along with the fort, which itself is a magnificent structure, there is also a mosque, an Idgah and a pond. The Fort also has a ashurkhana dedicated to Bibi Fatima and is revered by both Hindus and Muslims.
SriRamkonda Hill is another prominent Hill with a temple dedicated to Lord Rama. This hill is also famous for lot of herbal medicinal plants.There are other hills such as verrabhadra swamy hill nearby.
The Koilsagar reservoir stretches across the Peddavagu, a minor tributary of the Krishna River. The western stretch of this picturesque reservoir is surrounded by high hills, making it a beautiful spot and is a treat for sore eyes during sunrise and sunset.
This is a 1 day visit and we will climb the hills and explore the place. We will start on Sunday early morning and will be back on Sunday night 8 pm
Meeting Place: Masabtank X Roads (Paradise Take Away) 6:00 AM is the reporting time
Things to do: Trekking, Scrambling, Basic Trad Climbing
Transport: Private Transport if we are 15+ or Lets Car-Pool
RSVP only if you are serious about it. No shows are taken seriously.
6:00 am: Gather at Masab tank
6:15 am: Start
7:00 am: Breakfast (at own cost)
8:30 am - 1:00pm: Reach koilkonda and start trek
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm: Lunch - Potluck on top of the fort
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm : Complete the fort exploration and climb down
5:00 pm: Start back to Hyderabad.
7:00 pm : Reach Hyderabad and get ready for a busy Monday morning.
Cost: Estimated Rs 600 . ( For transport and activities. Food at your own cost)
Cost Breakup per head -
Fuel Expense Rs. 400 per person (Car pool)
GHAC Club Donation Rs 100
2 Organizer Reimbursement Rs 100
Total Estimation 600
Food and other costs at your own expense.
Actual cost expense will be shared with the whole team at the end of the trek with a copy sent on email.
Money should be transferred to the following bank account:
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Current
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills.
IFSC Code: ICIC[masked]
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked] _your name
Alternatively, you can use your credit card for payment. using the below link
You can pay for the event using your credit/debit card here:
Credit card link
Note:People in the waiting list will be moved to the going list once the payment is done.
Responsible Trekking: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
Food: We will have quick breakfast on the way and also pack our lunch. You can get your own food as well We may have proper dinner at a dhaba on return.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip and can be uncomfortable
4) We carry Basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need any special attention.
5) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
6) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
7) Organisers Word is final in all matters.
Things to get:
1) sun hat/ screen
2) Trekking Shoe with Anklets preferred
3) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries
4) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture ( for the poor)
5) water bottle - 3 Litres
6) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License) with a xerox copy
7) 2 Labled emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, Blood Group, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
8) Light wind sheeter / Poncho / Rain cover
9) Signed disclaimer
10) Extra pair of cloth for changing after the trek (incase it rains) and extra floater
Organiser duo :