The Narsapur forest is 45 KM north from Hyderabad in the Medak district. spread between Gummadidala and Narsapur towns. This forest spans over 30sq km and has a mini-ghat section, thick forest, a hill, a large lake, a good number of birds, butterflies, varied flora and fauna and our ancestors (monkeys).
Trek Grade : Easy to Medium (8 hours of trekking in the forest)
Things to do: Trekking, hill climbing
Cost: Rs.100 (club fund)
We will share the car pool cost equally.(Should be another ~Rs.250).This will be collected from all at the end of the trip and given to the car owners.
Note: This meetup will happen if we get enough cars. Diesel cars with a mileage of 12 to 15 kpl will be preferred for pooling.
Breakfast and Lunch at your cost
Route : start from Panjagutta - Ameerpet - Balanagar - Jeedimatla - Medak Road - Narsapur.
No smoking, No booze Don't litter
Car pool based on no.of trekkers. ( those bringing cars will get petrol expense shared among the group).
People with 4 wheelers will be given preference in RSVP .
6.00 AM: Assemble at Big Cinema / Big Bazar - Gold Spot Ameerpet
6:15 AM: start for narsapur
6.30 AM Breakfast Enroute
8:00 AM: reach narsapur
8:15.00 AM: briefing and introductions
08:30 AM - 12:30 PM Trek around in the jungle
[masked]:30 PM: Rest for lunch
1.30 PM: Resume Trekking and reach start point
4.00 PM: Start for Hyderabad
5:30 PM: Reach Hyderabad
Note for Car owners -
We will go by car pool. So we will give preference to the car owners and this event will be conducted only if we get at least 3 cars.So please post a comment if you are a car owner and how many you can take with you. The fuel cost will be shared with all co-passengers.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
4) We carry Basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need any special attention.
5) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
6) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
Things to get:
1) Cap / Bandana / Ponchos (We are ready to get drenched)
2) Trekking Shoes and comfortable full sleve tshirts and full pants, No tight clothes and no shorts / sandals
3) Day pack
4) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks
5) Water bottle - 2 Litres minimum
6) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License) with a xerox copy
7) 2 Labled emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, Blood Group, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
8) Signed disclaimer ( Please print and get this)
All GHAC Meetup Guidelines Apply :http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/Club_Guidelines
We have some members who just RSVP "Yes" for a meetup and never show up at the meetup. Such members who do not turn up are blocking a seat and are preventing and denying another member a good opportunity to participate
Please respect the organizers time and efforts and cooperate. Do not do 'Yes' RSVP if you are not sure about attending.
If you have a valid reason for not attending please inform the organizer 36 hours before the commencement of the trek and remove your RSVP.
Ali Mushtaq -[masked],[masked]
Sha Abdullah -[masked]