Venue: Kuntala and Pochera Waterfalls, Adilabad, Andhra Pradesh( 260 Kilometers from Hyderabad )
Difficulty: Medium and Fun
Age: 18+ only.
Risk: Getting wet, monkeys and baboons.
Trek days: One Night ( Saturday 10:00A.M Morning to Sunday 6:30P.M Evening)
Activities: Trekking, Hiking, Camping, and Bonfire
We are not just going for sightseeing. There will be lot of Trekking at Day and Night Trekking if time Permits. Bon fire subject to camping location (we need to look out for Camping area). Its an Adventure Trip. Please RSVP Accordingly.
Kuntala Waterfall is waterfall located in Kuntala, Adilabad district, Andhra Pradesh. It is located on Kadem river in Neredigonda mandal. It is the highest waterfall in the state of Andhra Pradesh with a height of 147 feet (45 meters).According to the popular and prevalent local belief Kuntala Waterfall got its name after Shakuntala, the beloved wife of King Dushyanth; the pair fell in love with each other and were mesmerized by the scenic beauty of the surroundings. The locals also believe that Shakuntala used to bathe by the waterfall.
Pochera Waterfalls :The Pochera waterfall was discovered lately. Pochera waterfall is unique and is varied from other waterfalls. Situated in midst dense forests this waterfall offers an exhilarated experience to the visitor. Only one of its kinds in Andhra Pradesh and rarely found in India, Pochera Waterfall is a treat to enchant.Pochera Waterfalls River Godavari flowing from the neighboring state flows down the Sahayadri Mountain range. The River that runs in many narrow streams, at this point mingle together and falls from a height of 20m the sound of the splashing waters against rocks echoes the surroundings.The water that flows in separate and narrow streams unite and with gushing speed fall from a height of 20mts. The water thus collects on a platform of hill resembling a small lake. The water then slides down.The forests that not intruded by modernization and industrialization the dense forests of the Sahayadri Mountain sets a perfect treat to one and all.
10:00 AM: we will start from Hyderabad.
01:00 PM: Stop for lunch
3:30 PM: Reach Kuntala Waterfalls & Start Trekking.
06:00 Pm: Look for a place to camp
06:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm: Fun Activities and Dinner.
10:00 Pm: Night Trekking.(Depending on place and conditions)
11:30 Pm: Place tents and Sleep
06:00 Am: Wake-up call
07:00 Am: Leave to Pochera Waterfalls. If time permits we will explore some new waterfalls which were found near Nirmal.
01:00 pm: Start Back to Hyderabad
06:30 Pm : Reach Hyderabad.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Full Sleeve Tshirt, loose trouser/track pant. One extra pair of clothes for water and one jacket for the cold. Shorts for the waterfall..
2. Good Trekking shoes,sandles or chappel as well..
3. 2 Pairs of socks/Sun cap/Windcheater/Plastic Covers (for wet clothes)
4. Torch light(Mandatory)
5.Sleeping bag (else get 2 blankets one to put on the floor and one to cover yourself up).It might be cold, so plan accordingly.
6. 2L of water. We will refill when ever we get a chance.Do avoid buying plastic bottles and get some from home.
7. Snacks like chocolates/Dates/DryFruits/Carrots/Chana/Energy Bars which provide easy energy.
9.A small backpack where you can put your stuff in while we trek.
10. Please bring a signed copy of this declaration + an original ID proof
1) no smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Accommodation is separate in tents for Men and woman. Everyone will share the weight of the tents while trekking.
5) Food will be mostly vegetarian
6) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
9)Organizer word is final, and if any unwanted behavior is exhibited, the person would be removed from the trek at anytime.
COST : Cost is Estimated Rs.1200/- which include Transport and Food . If exceeded amount will be shared equally and collected and if left, amount will be refunded back. We are Hiring a Mini Bus for two days(Rs.700 Transport + 200 GHAC fund/Org reimbursement + 300 food)
Payment Details: Transfer the amount , to confirm your place.
NOTE: GHAC ACCOUNT HAS SHIFTED FROM ICICI TO AXIS.THIS IS A NEW ACCOUNT.DO NOT TRANSFER IT TO OLD GHAC ACCOUNT.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Savings
Bank: AXIS BANK Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills
IFSC Code: UTIB[masked]
Mandatory Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
Credit card link :
Expense statement will be shared at the end of the event.
Meeting point will be posted soon.
Contact Details :