Great Hyderabad Adventure Club - GHAC has grown large over the years and is the leading adventure club in India. We are offering volunteering opportunities in the following areas to further our cause of taking adventure across and beyond the social media.
GHAC is a registered not for profit organisation and is run by volunteers who take care of running its day to day operations. All positions are voluntary and only out of pocket expenses are taken care off.
We are looking for volunteers who would enjoy taking up and doing any of the following tasks.
PR and Communication
• Publicize and promote the club to local media
• Interviews with the local media, press releases in newspapers,
• Public service announcements or appearances on radio and television,
contributing articles related to treks to local magazines
• Build a relationship with media people, editors, writers thereby
sending them articles on the clubs progress on a regular basis
• Invite Television media to cover the trekking activities
• Submit upcoming treks to events section in newspapers and magazines
• Getting listed in yellow pages, magazines, portals, event sites
• Submit articles on completion of major treks to newspapers and magazines and online portals
• Coordination for press meet and announcements.
• Create and update press kit on a periodic basis available for download on website
Design and Graphics
• Print visiting card and distribute among members who can spread the
• Make fact-sheets, to distribute among people, leave them at coffee
shops, shopping complexes, notice boards
• Make a video presentation to be put on website and social media
• Create graphics for event promotions for online and offline promotions like facebook, website banners and posters
• Coordinate with other teams to create interesting designs and visuals
• Promote GHAC actively on social media for a strong online presence
Newsletter and Blog
• Work with the editor to gather articles and publish the club newsletter
• Release regular newsletter once a month
• Work on Membership building programs and campaigns
• Offline promotion of events by putting up posters and announcements at various colleges, cafes and public institution.
• Do promotional presentations at various places to signup members
• Do Coffee meetups at different places.
• Encourage members to come up with ideas to publicize the club
Please note that this is not a Job Post.
GHAC has a attractive Reward and Recognition Policy for all its volunteers. Volunteers will be provided certificates and recommendation for the good work they have done. Many of GHAC volunteers find the learning experience with GHAC very helpful in getting placed and for applying for Higher Education
How to Apply
1) Fill in the following form https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGhUUWw2RE5LcHB4NmZpbXVZU1dVV0E6MA#gid=0
2) join the wait list on this meetup and you will be contacted if you are selected to attend the event.
For any information please contact Sudheendra on[masked]