“ To traverse beyond the limitations of my mind, a voyage to the mysterious beauties that unravel the most amazing parts of my country. To capture the ‘Incredible India’"
Trek Difficulty: Moderate
Who can join : Anyone with decent fitness.
RSVP and answer all the questions , else your RSVP won't be considered . NO REFUNDS IF YOU DROPOUT , Please RSVP responsibly.
In the dense jungles of Kankumbi region, this trek runs on the rocky bed of Kalsa stream. Beginning at a point known as Kalsa in Karnataka, after a couple steep ascends & descends the trek crosses the Kalsa stream for the second time which marks the border between Karnataka and Goa. The virgin valley in the canyon below is amazing and you involuntarily echo a wooooooww……!
In the dense forests of Jamboti Range Forest of Khanapur Taluka (Belgaum District) is this 160 odd feet mighty Vajra Waterfall (also known as Pohe Vazar) on the river Mahadaye (known as Mandovi in Goa) and has flowing water even during peak summer also.
Note: Vajra water fall Trek is subject to forest dept permissions and sada is optional .
Sada Trek - Right on the border of Karnataka, Maharashtra & Goa, high on the peak & in the forests is nestled this beautiful village Sada. A trek on a rough seasonal road through occasional dense forests takes you there. The village has unmatched natural beauty. Then there is a fort supposed to be built by the Kadambas centuries ago, underground caves formed due to volcanic eruptions. Typically shaped wells house the now tiny village Sada.
Day 1 : 14th March 2014 (Friday):
• 8.00 pm - Hyd to Belgaum by Bus.
Day 2: 15th Mar 2014(Saturday)
7.00 am: Reach Belgaum Refresh and move to Base village. Start trek.
Night Stay in Tents, Dinner, Camp Fire, Music
Day 3: 16th March 2014(Sunday)
• 5:30 AM - Wake up, freshup, Breakfast
• Trek to sada/vajra
• 7 PM - reach Belgaum , Dinner(not included in the cost)
• 7.30 pm board bus to Hyderabad
Day 4: 7.00 am reach Hyderabad , TATA- Bye bye .
Note: This is a tentative itinerary subject to changes.
Things to get:
1) Sun hat/ screen
2) Trekking Shoes with Anklets preferred, with extra pair of socks.Shoes is a must.
3) Extra set of clothes.Wear loose tracks/trousers.
5) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries
6) Refreshments /Dry fruits/ chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks and something to munch on and share ;) in the forest.
7) water bottle - 2 Litres, avoid buying plastic bottles.
8) Photo Id (passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License)
9) 2 Labled emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, Blood Group, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
10) A good Backpack (as we will be trekking deep in jungles) where you can put all your stuff in .
12) Signed Disclamer
1) No smoking and No alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Food will be mostly vegetarian
5) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
6) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
7) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
Responsible Trekking: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
Cost of the meetup: 5000/- (includes only Travel, stay, food, GHAC Fund, Org Reimbursement )
Any other expenses will be borne by individuals.
Anything more or less Will be shared.
Add yourself to Waiting list and You will be moved to YES list after receiving the payment on First come First Serve basis.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Savings
Bank: AXIS BANK Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills
IFSC Code: UTIB[masked]
You can also pay through credit card:
Transaction/Payment Remark: [masked]_ your name
No Cash deposits into the bank please.
Once payment is done comment your transaction ID or number below for confirmation.
Refund Policy :
Please spend sometime and read about the GHAC refund policy before you make payments on what would happen in case you dropout. We have a updated policy. Link given below. No refund for any cancellations upto 3 days before the date of journey since the logistics arrangements would already have been made.
GHAC refund rules apply.
Yogi @[masked], no SMS pls.