Everest Base Camp trek Pre-meet - Mon 03 March 2014- 7:00 PM.
The Everest Base Camp - EBC in Nepal is arguably the most famous trekking route in the world and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some of the most breathtaking scenery imaginable and should really be in the top 10 of things to do in life. It also ranks 4th in the Best Trekking Places on Lonely Planet.
The objective of this trek pre-meet is to have an upfront discussion about the Everest Base Camp Challenge Trek, to be held in April-May 2014 in general and have answers the following questions
• Am I fit enough for this trek ?
• What gear do I need to get for this trek ?
• What can I expect in terms of company, interaction and support?
• Is there a authorized licensed guide and porter on the trek ?
• Is there a trained first aider and first aid kit ?
• What medical facilities are available and on call ?
• What is the overall cost and what all is covered & and needs to be covered ?
• What additional expense should I expect to incur on the trek?
• What are the Travel Options, To & Fro ?
• What would the general terrain and weather be like?
• What kind of shoes would be ideal ?
• Is there help available in procuring the right equipment/other necessary items?
• How to train for this long high altitude treks?
• What are the online resources that are available to know more about the trek.?
• Open Sessions for Questions
• Tea and Interaction with GHAC members who have been to the EBC.
If you have more questions ask them face to face at this meetup.
When: Mon 03 Mar 2014
Time: 07:00 PM - 08:30 PM (Please Arrive 10 minutes earlier)
Where: GHAC Office, A K Enclave, Lane next to Pizza Corner, Road No 3, Banjara Hills
Route Map: http://g.co/maps/8k5q5