1) Read the Complete page before doing RSVP
2) Trek for Adults (Age 18+ years)
3) No Refund if someone drops without Replacement as we do Group Booking with the Hotel and Replacement is not Organizer's responsibility
4) Difficulty Level: Difficult Grade (approx 45-50 kms trek in 3 days)
5) Your RSVP will not be considered if you do not provide answers to the questions
6) This a monsoon Trek...You might get wet badly during the hike
You can go through Previous Matheran Meetup pages here:
Matheran 01-04 Oct 2010: http://meetup.ghac.in/events/14313478/
Matheran 18-20 Feb 2011: http://meetup.ghac in/events/15580707/
Matheran is a city and a Hill Station municipal council in Raigad district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is a hill station in Karjat Tahsil and is also the smallest hill station in India. It is located on the Western Ghats range at an elevation of around 800 m (2,625 feet) above sea level. It is located around 90 km from Mumbai, and 120 km from Pune. Matheran's proximity to the three Metros makes it a popular weekend getaway for urban residents. The name Matheran means either "forest on top" or "mother forest".
Moving in Matheran
The only modes of transport, on the red soiled roads, are on horseback or by man-pulled rickshaw or on foot. It is one of the only places in Asia where all vehicles are banned which makes the place unique. And We will enjoy every where on the foot.
18° 55' N, 73° 15' E
At an elevation of about 800m (2,625 ft) above Mean Sea Level.
Asia's only pedestrian hill station is situated near Mumbai in the Western Ghats
5000 acres or eight sq miles
Matheran has cool and moderate climate. During monsoon rainfall is heavy but with different charm for enjoyment . The climate after the rains is very pleasant. In the summer the temperature changes between 20° C & 30°C. In the winter between 12°C & 25°C.
Level with sparse undulations. The topmost layer of rock is of soft porous iron-clay with abundant small black boulders. The surface is
covered by red soil with less humus.
About our trek.
We will have the luxury of civil amenities as we will stay in Hotel Girivihar( Link attached). Only vegetarian food ( Maybe typical Gujarati food) will be arranged by the Hotel.
Difficulty Level: Difficult Grade (approx 45-50 kms in 3 days) Easy Grade (15-20 kms on Day 2)
Children & fresh new comers may find the trek difficult & thus not advised to join the trek.
We will start from Nampally station on 12 AUG 2011 FRIDAY by Train No 17032 MUMBAI EXP. at 8.40 pm
Tentative Itinerary (may change later So Be Prepared)
12 AUG 2011 FRIDAY 8:40 P.M Catch Mumbai Express (Train No 17032) at Nampally Station
13 AUG 2011 SATURDAY
11.00 A.M Reach Karjat
11:30 A.M Local transport to Ambewadi
12:00 P.M proceed to Matheran enroute Lunch
06:30 P.M Reach GiriVihar
08:00 P.M Dinner and Sleep
14 AUG 2011 SUNDAY
04:00 A.M Wake Up Call
05:00 A.M Start Trek to Sun rise Point (7 km Uphill & 7 km Downhill)
09:00 A.M Reach GiriVihar, Break fast, Rest
10:00 A.M Trek to Alexander Point, Chowk Point, Charlotte Lake
02:00 P.M Back to GiriVihar, Lunch, rest (Total trek 7-8 kms)
04:00 P.M Trek to Echo Point then to Market, Shopping etc
08:00 P.M Reach GiriVihar, Dinner, Camp fire
10:00 P.M Sleep
15 AUG 2011 MONDAY
05:00 A.M Wake Up Call
06:00 A.M Break fast
07:00 A.M Trek to Garbut Point
12:30 P.M Reach Bhiv Puri station and catch local train to Karjat
01:30 P.M Reach Karjat
02:25 P.M Catch Train No 17031 HYDERABAD EXP to HYD
16 AUG 2011 TUESDAY
06:00 A.M Reach Nampally Station and Bye Bye
Amount payable - 2600.00 approx. (Includes Travel, Accommodation & Stay except food during train travel) (Be prepared for Rs 400.00 more.)
All GHAC rules apply ( http://meetup.ghac.in...)
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) Ladies and gents accommodation is separate
4) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
5) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
Things to Bring
1) A good and positive mood and be Co-operative to the Organizer
2) 2 Thick Cotton pants/ trousers or jeans - full length (To save against Bruises) & 3 T-shirt / Shirt ( Better way to say - Clothes for - train - 2 night travel, 2 nights stay at Hotel & 2-3 days for medium / hard trekking)
4) Sun hat/ screen (for the ladies and fair and handsome guys)
5) Walking /trekking /sport shoes preferably with anklets
6) Medicines as per your need
7) Small sling bag to Carry Snacks, Water, Mobile, Wallet during trek
8) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks
9) Water bottle - 2 Liters
10) Toiletries (tooth brush, paste, small towel/napkin, comb, shampoo)
11) Original Photo Id (Passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License) with a xerox copy
12) A rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in try to keep the bag as light as possible.
13) 2 Labelled emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, Blood Group, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
14)Will be staying in hotel so sleeping bag etc. not required.
15) TORCH (MUST)
16) Disclaimer Print, Sign and submit to the Organizer at Nampally Station ( http://files.meetup.c...)
Are informed through mail for adventurers YES list, In case you haven't received the Payment Procedure..Please tinkle
Contact: Peddi Reddy +91 [masked] ([masked])
or Goutham +91 98499 55656 ([masked])
We will have a Pre Matheran Trek (MUST FOR ALL)