This is a cross post - To attend this event Join and RSVP at
*** Please read the full description before you RSVP***
This event is part of the Bouldering Workshop series.
• A series of 5 weekend Bouldering sessions. Some weekends will have only one session while some will have two. You may choose to attend either 1 or both.
• After the completion of 5 weekend sessions, one Top Roping/ Leading Climb session will be conducted (See last pic for details).
• You may choose to attend all the 5 bouldering session before the top roping event or attend a few and still go for the last event. But it is strictly advisable to attend all 5 to improve your technique and strength.
Bouldering is a form of rock climbing which takes place on boulders and other small rock formations, usually measuring less than 20 feet from ground to top. Bouldering routes or "problems" require the climber to reach the top of a boulder, usually from a specified start position. Some boulder problems, known as "traverses," require the climber to climb horizontally from one position to another.
Bouldering is climbing in its simplest form. The reasons for its popularity are clear:
• It requires the least amount of gear: A pair of rock shoes, maybe some chalk and a landing pad and you're good to go.
• It's accessible: You can go bouldering outdoors wherever you can find some solid rock.
Climber: Anubha......... Photographer: Ravi Kiran
This meetup event is intended for both beginners and advanced level climbers.
We start with a warm up session and easier boulders for beginners. We will continue to climb till we are tired. Everybody would try at least one hard boulder which is at least one level higher than their capability.
Climbers using club Climbing shoes= Rs 150.
Climbers using own Climbing shoes = Rs 50.
Climber: Ananth.......... Photographer : Jyoti Prasad
Top rope climbing (or Top roping) is a rock climbing technique in which a rope, used for the climber's safety, runs from a belayer at the foot of a route through one or more carabiners connected to an anchor system at the top of the route and back down to the climber, usually attaching to the climber by means of a harness.
Lead climbing is a rock climbing technique that involves a lead climber attaching themselves to a length of dynamic(elastic) climbing rope and ascending a route while periodically attaching protection (quickdraws or traditional protection) to the face of the route and clipping into it. The lead climber must have another person acting as a belayer. The belayer has multiple roles: holding the rope in the event of a fall, and paying out or taking up rope as the climber moves.
Photographer : Premson
For more pics on Top Roping/ Lead Climbing click on the link below
Please RSVP only if you are sure.
Things to bring:
1) Rock climbing shoe if you have one. Club has shoes for 6,7.5, 8, 8.5 and 11.
2) A sun hat/cap, Sun shades. Sun screen.
3) At least 2 litres of water(MUST). Do not expect anyone to share their water with you. Any energy drinks would be of great help as well.
4) Chalk powder (Optional) (You get it in Regal sports, Secunderabad near Chermas. Ask for gym chalk).
5) Chalk bag (Optional).
6) Come in full track pants or shorts and T shirts.
7) Wear Chappal/ Sandals so that it is convenient to frequently switch to climbing shoes.
Please call the below Organizer to know more
Devender - [masked]