3 Days Moderate Exploration Trek in a forest belt in Rayagada, Odisha. from Fri 04 to Sun 06 April . Travel starts Thu 03 April - 5:00 pm and and we return on Mon 07 April - 9:00 am.
Rayagada is a district of meadows, forests, water falls and terraced valleys, and inhabited by many primitive tribal groups. The scenic beauty and heritage on the land is an unexplored paradise.
The forest is Dry Mixed deciduous forests with occurrence of semi evergreen, moist deciduous and grasslands in different parts of the Hilly Forest. Variety of flora and fauna including Mammals, Plants. amphibians, reptiles and birds are found in this region.
Activities: Trekking, Navigating , Star Gazing, Sunrise and Sunset Reflection, Tribal Tourism, Bird Watching, Flora and Fauna watch, cooking and low impact camping ethics.
Risks: Insects, Wild Animals, Steep Hills, Fatigue and all other things that comes with trekking in a forest.
This is an Exploratory Trek and we will be trekking for about 30 KMs over 2 days through the hilly forests route . This is just an indicative itinerary and things will change based on the time and situation.
Thu 03 April
- 5:00 pm train Hyderabad to Vizag
Fri 04 April
-9:00 am - catch Train from Vizag to Rayagada
- 1:30 pm reach Rayagada and pickup by jeep and drop at starting point into the forest. Trek for 6 Kms into the forest and overnight camping
Sat 05 April
Exploration continues for 15 kms- Over night Camping
Sun 06 April:
Resume trekking and Reach Bamboo Ranch - Freshen up
8:00 am - Sharing of experiences
11:00 am - Visit a Tribal Hamlet.
3:30 pm - Catch Afternoon Train from Rayagada to Hyderabad
Mon 07 April
09:00 am - Reach Hyderabad
Permissions for the trek has been obtained from the local authorities. We will be joined by a local tribal explorer.
This event is being done with support of Bamboo Ranch and SPVKendra, a Trust for ecological, social and cultural development of Eastern Ghats.
Group Size: 8
How to RSVP:
Please add yourself to the waiting list and make the payment and you will be moved once we receive the payment
Cost: Rs 4500 per head Estimated.
Actual Costs will be shared at the end of the event.
1 Local Tribal to accompany us on the trek
Lunch on Day 1 and Breakfast and Lunch on Day 3
Participants have to carry their own food during travel ad 2 days on trek.
GHAC refund rules apply. http://www.meetup.com/great-hyderabad-adventure-club/pages/Club_Guidelines/
• Credit Card (2.4% processing fees extra)
• Netbanking Neft
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
Responsible Trekking: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst on the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in the wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip and can be uncomfortable for some
4) We will be carrying Basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need any special attention.
5) if you feel unwell bring it to the notice of the organizers immediately.
6) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
Things to get:
This list is only an indication, please use your judgement and pack light.
1) A good and positive and roughing it out and learning mood
2) 2 track pants/ loose trousers - full length
3) 2 full sleeve T-shirt - ( please avoid bright colored and shiny clothes and get earthly colours)
4) Mosquito cream and insect repellent
5) sun hat/ screen ( for the ladies and fair and handsome)
6) Trekking Anklet Shoes or Trekking shoes with gaitor
7) Digi / Video Camera
8) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries
9) Medicines you need
10) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture ( for the poor)
11) water bottle - 3 Litres
12) Toiletries ( tooth brush, paste, small towel, toilet paper in small quantities enough for 2 days)
13) 2 plastic bags medium size to carry waste
14) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License) with a xerox copy
15) 2 Labled emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, Blood Group, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
16) Sleeping Bag or a bedsheet
17) Light windcheater
18) Camping Knife (less then 6 inch), 10 meter cotton / nylon rope, Tarpulin 9 x12 size, Lighter, Emergency food, Whistle.