Aim: Summit and exploring Ratangad Fort
When: Friday, 25th July 6.00 PM to Monday, 28nd July 7:30 AM
For: Fit trekkers only, If you are interested, add yourself to WL, Selection might be at Organizer's discretion, so bare with us.
Team Size: 12
Ratanwadi -> Ratangad -> Ratanwadi
Price: Rs 2055 per person including food(Does not include food in train). Any excess money will be shared and remaining money will be refunded before the trek ends.
Answering all the rsvp questions is mandatory in case u want your rsvp to be considered.
The trek demands sharing, endurance, adjustment and discipline. Please be prepared.
Ratangad is a fort in Maharashtra in the Baleshwar Range overlooking the locale of Bhandardara. It is an interesting fortress, situated at the edge of the ghats with numerous water cisterns and caves. It also commands an excellent view all around, overlooking the kokan plains, Bhandardara lake, Alang, Kulang and the huge wall of Ajoba. To reach we need to cross the beautiful wilsons dam on a shuttle and trek upwards for 4 hours negotiating chimneys and walking rickety ladders.
On the top is a 2000 year old fort and a breath taking view. The caves can house many persons and has water available for cooking.
6.00 PM - Catch AJANTA EXPRESS(17064) from Hyd to Manmad
7:00 am - Reach Manmad and have breakfast
8:30 am - Catch train to Igatpuri
10:30 am - Reach Igatpuri and start to Ratanwadi
1:00 pm - Have lunch and start climbing Ratangad
6:00 pm - Relax, Camp at a cave on the top, Dinner, Fun time.
5:00 am - Wake-up Call
6:00 am - Explore the fort
11:00 am - Start descending
1:00pm - Reach base
3:00 am - Have lunch and start to igatpuri
5:00 pm - Reach igatpuri and start to Manmad
9:00 pm - Catch Ajanta Express to Hyderabad
9:00 am - Reach Hyderabad, Tata, tata, Bye, Bye
Be prepared for anything and DO NOT GRUMBLE
No guests allowed. Please ask them to create an account, which is very simple, and RSVP for themselves.
More or less will be shared.
(Exact expense statement will be shared after the trek ends)
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
[masked]_Yourname ([masked]_Manohar). NO CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE.[masked] is the meetup id which you can see in the weblink above. If you do not provide the meetup id in transaction remark, its difficult to track your payment.
You can also pay through credit card:
Things to bring (ALL ARE MUST):
Things To Bring :[ All are compulsory] pack light around 5-6 kgs
1. Rucksack/ backpack to keep all things with nice support.
2. Sleeping Bag or couple of blankets.
3. Shoes with good grip used before & two pairs of socks
4. Dress change for 2 days (Light colors preferable, Avoid jeans)& few plastic covers to keep wet cloths.
5. Slippers/ floaters for using in night.
6. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Water Bottle min (2 litres).To discourage buying plastic, we request you to get filled bottles from home.
8. Personal stuff (Mosquito cream, Toiletries, Medicines).
9. Camera to click kodak moments- OPTIONAL
10. Personnel medicines if you use any.First – Aid kit would be with us.
11. Rain Coat or Poncho
12.Carry Identification card.- Govt recognized one
13. Wind cheater (It’ll get really cold on the top)
14. Food: we would find some basic food at the base village.can get some rotis with chutney for 2 times (compulsory).Bread.Jam, Dry Fruits, Energy Bars, Keera (Cucumber), Beetroot, Carrots, dates, Cashew etc. .. Energy bars, Citrus fruits, salty food, Ready to eat packets would be good as well.
15. ORS packets
1. Do not Carry any other extra weight
2. Do not Bring shoulder bags, sling bags etc
3. Do not RSVP if you are not fit enough for the trek or if you are afraid of heights
4. Smoking and Liquor are strictly prohibited during the trek (includes travel)
5. No littering, no pollution of water
6. We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7. If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8. Do not take unnecessary risks and always follow the organizers' directions
All GHAC Meetup Guidelines Apply :http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/Club_Guidelines
Anybody not following this guidelines and rules will be asked to leave immediately and removed from the group.
Contact Details :
Rajeev -[masked] [masked] (preferred Email/SMS)
Vivek -[masked] [masked]
NOTE: Event Hosts have all the rights to add or remove any member and do necessary changes in route, activity, time, duration depending on the situations and climate conditions. ORGANIZER'S DECISION IS FINAL (ITS ALL ABOUT SAFETY, PLZ CO-OPERATE)