Trek Notes :
Only for Ages 18+ for Selected Members in waiting List
Where :Jindhagada Peak
Difficulty level : Medium,( People who are FIT can RSVP)
Team of 14 only including the organisers
Duration : Friday to Sunday (Back on Monday morning)
Last year a few adventurers from the club, discovered and summitted the peak. And this year, yet again we aim to conquer the highest peak of Andhra Pradesh.
The Eastern Ghats, are a discontinuous range of mountains along India's eastern coast. The Eastern Ghats run from West Bengal state in the north, through Orissa and Andhra Pradesh to Tamil Nadu in the south passing some parts of Karnataka.
The Jindhagada Peak is the tallest peak of Eastern Ghats, located in the beautiful Araku Valley of Andhra Pradesh. Jindhagada Peak is also the highest mountain peak of Andhra Pradesh with an elevation of 1,690 m (5,540 ft). Araku Valley is well known for natural beauty and coffee plantation but the place is one of the least explore in India.
Tentative Itinerary: [May vary ]
Fri 5 pm : Sec-bad to Vizag train
Sat 6.30am: Take a Train from Vizag to aaraku & the jeep to Base point
Sat 12pm: Reach Base and start trekking
Sat 7 pm: Reach the peak & prepare for the night stay
Sat 8pm: Camp fire(subject to availability) & Pot luck Dinner
Sat 9pm: Stargazing & Sentry duty allocations
Sun 6am: Trek down to Base.
Sun 1pm: Lunch in Araku .
Sun 2pm: Start to Vizag
Sun 8pm: Start to HYD from Vizag
Approx -2200 / -. we will share any excess costs & additional amount is refunded
[ Food in Train is excluded /GHAC refund rules apply ... ]
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
[masked]_Yourname [masked]_Manohar). NO CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE.[masked] is the meetup id which you can see in the weblink above. If you do not provide the meetup id in transaction remark, its difficult to track your payment.
You can also pay through credit card:
Important Instructions - Please Read
1) No smoking and no alcohol.
2) No littering, no pollution of water.
3) This is not a luxury trip, but utmost care has been taken to make your trip comfortable, enjoyable and memorable in a low budget.
4) Ladies and gents accommodation( Tents) is separate
5) We carry basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers.
6) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
Things To Bring :[ All are compulsory] pack light around 5-6 kgs
1. Rucksack/ backpack to keep all things with nice support.
2. Sleeping Bag or couple of blankets.
3. Shoes with good grip used before & two pairs of socks
4. Dress change for 2 days (Light colors preferable, Avoid jeans)& few plastic covers to keep wet cloths. 5. Slippers/ floaters for using in night.
6. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Water Bottle min (2 litres)
8. Personal stuff (Mosquito cream, Toiletries, Medicines).
9. Camera to click kodak moments- OPTIONAL
10. First – Aid kit, any specific medicines you need.
11. Traveller’s/Swiss knife
12.Carry Identification card.- Govt recognized one
13. Wind cheater (It’ll get really cold on the top)
14. Food: Jam, Dry Fruits, Energy Bars, Keera (Cucumber), Beetroot, Carrots, dates, Cashew etc. .. Energy bars, Citrus fruits, salty food, Ready to eat packets would be good as well for 3 times atleast (compulsory)
15. ORS packets 16.Rain Coat or Poncho
Note: Answer all the RSVP questions, else your RSVP will be void. Add yourself to the waiting list and incase moved to going list then you make an online transfer.
Rajeev -[masked] [masked] (preferred Email/SMS)
Vivek -[masked] [masked]
NOTE: Event Hosts have all the rights to add or remove any member and do necessary changes in route, activity, time, duration depending on the situations and climate conditions. ORGANIZER'S DECISION IS FINAL (ITS ALL ABOUT SAFETY, PLZ CO-OPERATE)