Rajgad Fort to Torna Fort Trek
Aim: Trek: Gunjavne - Rajgad Fort -Torna Fort
Difficulty: Medium - Difficult
Risk: Steep slopes, scrambling at heights, some V0+ rock climbing.
When: Thursday, 4th Sep, 2014, 8 PM to Monday, 8th Sep7:00 AM
For: Aged 18-45yrs and fit trekkers only, people will be picked from waiting list.
Team Size: 14
Trek Route: Gunjavne > Rajgad Fort ( Chordarwaja ) -> Padmavathi machi -> Suvela machi/Balle killa -> Sanjeevani Machi -> ( 6hrs trekking to Torna Base) -> Budla machi ( Torna ) -> Trek to Mengai Temple -> Zunzar machi -> Velhe
Price: Rs 2100 per person. Any excess money will be shared and remaining money will be refunded before the trek ends.
Rajgad Fort ? The name describes the place itself. The King of all the forts. It is to the south-west 40 Kms from Pune. It boasts the highest number of days stayed by Chhatrapati Shivaji on any fort. He spent almost 25/30 yrs here. Rajgad is famous for its construction. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. These are the three sub-plateaux (Machee) namely Padmavati Machee, Suvela Machee and Sanjevani Machee, and at the centre is the Ballekilla
Rajgad Fort is the capital of the Maratha resistance under Shivaji. It is surrounded by Sinhagad, Torna Fort and Lingana. We will explore this fort for a few hours.
Rajgad and Torna Forts are joined by a scenic and often dangerous pathway in the green patches of the Sahyadris. This is some times called the 'King Trek of Sahyadri' for its popularity among backpackers.
Torna Fort :- The fort is also known as Prachandagad (huge fort), due to its massive size. In 1646, when Shivaji was 16, he launched his first military attack by capturing Torna fort, paving the way for the great empire. Many battles have been fought on this fort. The fort is truly grand and stretches for couple of kilometres.
8.30 PM - Catch MUMBAI EXPRESS (17032) from Hyd to Pune
9:00 am - Reach Pune,
11:00 am - Start trek from Gunjavne towards Chor-darwaja
3:00 pm - Reach Rajgad Fort and Explore Padmavati Machee, Suvela Machee and Ballekilla.
6:00 pm - Relax, Camp preparation, Dinner, Fun time at Padmavathi Temple
5:00 am -Wake-up Call
6:00 am - Start for Torna fort from Sanjeevani Machee
1:00 pm - Reach Torna Fort and explore
6:00 pm - Camp, Dinner, Fun time at Mangai Temple
5:00 am - Wake-up Call
6:00 am - Explore Zunzar machi
9:00 am - Start descent towards velhe
12:00 pm - Start to pune
6:00 pm - Reach Pune
7.00 pm - Catch Konark express to sec-bad
7.00 am - Reach Nampally, Tata, tata, Bye, Bye
The trek will be a group effort that also demands sharing, endurance, adjustment and discipline. Please be prepared.
This trek is a bit challenging and requires experience due to climatic conditions also.
Be prepared for anything and DO NOT GRUMBLE
No guests allowed. Please ask them to create an account, which is very simple, and RSVP for themselves.
More or less will be shared.
(Exact expense statement will be shared after the trek ends)
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
You can also pay through credit card:
Things to bring (ALL ARE MUST):
1. 2 Track pants, 2 T-shirts, Raincoat or a poncho
2. Trekking shoes with good grip, and used before. 2 extra pair of socks.
3. Personnel medicines if you use any
4. Sleeping bag and a proper rucksack (both are mandatory).
5. Water : 2-3 litres per head. To discourage buying plastic, we request you to get filled bottles from home.
6. Food: Chapatis, Jam, Dry Fruits, Energy Bars, Keera (Cucumber), Beetroot, Carrots, dates, Cashew etc.
7. Head Torch or a good Torch light
8. Lighter and a Magnetic compass (optional)
9. Sun cap or Sunscreen lotion (spf 15 or above)
9. A daredevil attitude with a big smile :)
1. Do not Carry any other extra weight
2. Do not Bring shoulder bags, sling bags etc
3. Do not RSVP if you are not fit enough for the trek or if you are afraid of heights
4. Smoking and Liquor are strictly prohibited during the trek (includes travel)
5. No littering, no pollution of water
6. We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7. If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8. Do not take unnecessary risks and always follow the organizers' directions
All GHAC Meetup Guidelines Apply :http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/Club_Guidelines
Anybody not following this guidelines and rules will be asked to leave immediately and removed from the group.
Contact: Prasad @ [masked]
NOTE: Event Hosts have all the rights to add or remove any member and do necessary changes in route, activity, time, duration depending on the situations and climate conditions. ORGANIZER'S DECISION IS FINAL (ITS ALL ABOUT SAFETY, PLZ CO-OPERATE)