Please read all the details before RSVP'ing for this Event.
Grade : Medium.
Total Slots : 18
This is considered as one of the best trekking spots in the Sahyadri mountain range.Kalavantin Pinnacle is situated on northeast side of Panvel at a height of 2330 ft , on Mumbai-Pune road. Can see it from express highway a V-Shaped one. The Left one is Kalwantin Durg & right side is Prabalgad.
The fort top commands an excellent view of the surroundings with Prabalgad in the front. Matheran, Chanderi, Shrimallang, Irshal Karnala, Manikgad, etc can be easily identified.If time permits we will trek Prabalgad as well.
Matheran is a small hill station in Raigad district of Maharashtra. Located on the Western Ghats range at an elevation of around 800 m (2,625 feet) above sea level. It is located around 90 km from Mumbai, and 120 km from Pune. It is one of the most ecologically sensitive hill stations in the country and no form of motoroised transport is allowed. The name Matheran means either "forest on top" or "mother forest".The only modes of transport, on the red soiled roads, are on horseback or by man-pulled rickshaw or on foot. It is one of the few places in the world where all motorised vehicles are banned which makes the place unique.
Tentative itinerary: (Thursday to Monday). May vary later or based on circumstance.
Day1 - 3rd July Thursday:
8.40 pm -Leave by Train No 17032 Mumbai Express which will depart from Nampally / Begumpet station at 8.50
Day2 - 4th July Friday
11.00 am - Reach Karjat
11.30 am - Brunch and pack food for trek
12.00 PM - take a bus to Panvel, reach the base village Thakurwadi and start trekking to Kalavantin. we will be camping at the top
Day3 - 5th July Saturday
6.00 AM - Descend and trek to the adjacent Prabalgad.
12.00 pm - Reach Karjat
12:30 pm - Local transport to Ambewadi village
1.00 pm - proceed to Matheran enroute Lunch.
6:30 pm - Reach Matheran and check into a hotel 8.00 pm - Dinner, Chat & Sleep
Day4 - 6th July Sunday
6.00 am - Wake up and lets start the picnic
7.00 am - Breakfast
7.30 am - cover Matheran scenic points
12.30 pm - lunch and board train to karjat
2.00 pm - reach karjat
4.00 pm - train from karjat to hyderabad
Day5 - 7th July Monday
7.30 am: Reach Hyderabad
Things to bring: [ All are must! ]
Things to bring: [ All are must ] and wrap everything in polythene so that they do not get wet..
1) A Rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in and hang on ur back, try to keep the bag less then 5 kgs with 2 lts water
2) Raincoat/poncho for yourself with rain cover for bag
3) Trekking /sport shoes with extra pair of socks [Preferably shoes which cover till your ankle]
4) Torch / Flashlight /headlight
5) 1 track pants/ loose trousers - full length & a T Shirt and other Toiletries needed.
6) Mosquito repellent.
7) Toiletries required
8) Sleeping bags or blankets are must.
9) Photo Id (any valid card with your photograph and signature on it)
10) Signed Disclaimer form.
2600/- rupees only (including light vegetarian food, travel,one night stay in matheran,organizers reimbursement,ghac fund and service tax).
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) ladies and gents accommodation is separate in tents or rooms.
5) Food will be mostly vegetarian
6) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
Transfer the amount , to confirm your place.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account Type: Savings
Bank: AXIS BANK Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills
IFSC Code: UTIB[masked]
Mandatory Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
Once payment is done, mention the details in the comments.UTR/NEFT number should be mentioned.
Credit card payment link:
Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
Pls give preference for contacting through Email ID .
Chandu -[masked] - [masked]