4 Days Monsoon Wilderness Survival Trek to a unexplored virgin forest belt that lies between West Godavari and Khammam district.
Dates : 10-13 July 2014
When its raining cats and dogs in the lush green forests with a varied flora and fauna. The forest belt is full of Hills ranging from 200 to 800 meters. The trek will pass by the river Godavari with distant views of Papikondalu mountain range. This is a grueling climb of 6 KMs uphill and downhill over flowing streams, rocks and steep hills and can be challenging and difficult for most
Toughness : Extreme
Doing the trek in the monsoons is the ultimate survival.Members with good fitness level and a good trekking record need only RSVP.
Risks: Snakes, Scorpions, Flesh Eating Mites, Wasps, Honey Bees, Fire Ants, Wild Animals, Slippery Waterfall. Steep Hills, Falling Rocks. Hunger, Thirst , Strain, Pain, Dehydration, Fatigue and all other things that comes with a wilderness Trek.
Temperature in this forest area is about 10 degrees in mid july and gets cooler in the night. The forest is Dry deciduous with Teak, Bamboo, Terminalia, Pterocarpus Vegetation. Animals which are usually found are Gaur, Cheetal, Chowsingha, Sambar, black buck, Mouse deer, Barking deer, Sloth bear, Wild dog, Hyena, Jackal, Wild boar. There are 100 of species of butterflies. The forest is home to many birds like Peafowl, Jungle fowl, spur fowl, Patridge, Imperial pigeon and Quails.
Variety of reptiles like lizards and snakes are also found here. The python, cobra, viper and the green snake are common. Marsh crocodile and a variety of birds like Praticoles, Snipes, Brahmini ducks, Malabar pied hornbills and other migratory birds are found near the shores of the godavari river. The view of the gorge and the river Godavari is very appealing from the shores.
This will be an Wild adventure trek you should not miss but comes at some risk. Trek restricted to members who have done more then five 2-3 days trips in the wilderness or have undergone wilderness survival workshops with GHAC
Exploratory trek so nothing is planned. we leave on Wednesday 9th July 9 PM via Rajhamundhray and are back in Hyderabad on Monday 14th Nov morning positively. More details will be posted Shortly
How to RSVP: Please add yourself to the waiting list and I will move you to confirm list if you qualify.
Cost: Estimated Rs 1800 but will be shared at actual.
Payments not to be made before the team gets finalized.
Responsible Trekking: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip and can be uncomfortable
4) We carry Basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need any special attention.
5) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
6) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
Things to get:
This list is only an indication. please use your judgement and pack light.
1) A good and positive and roughing it out mood
2) 2 track pants/ loose trousers - full length
3) 2 full sleeve T-shirt - ( please avoid bright colored and shiny clothes and get earthly colours)
4) Mosquito cream and insect repellent
5) sun hat/ screen ( for the ladies and fair and handsome)
6) Trekking Anklet Shoes or Trekking shoes with gaitor
7) Digi / Video Camera
8) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries
9) Medicines you need
10) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture ( for the poor)
11) water bottle - 2 Litres
12) Toiletries ( tooth brush, paste, small towel, toilet paper in small quantities enough for 2 days)
13) 2 plastic bags medium size to carry waste
14) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License) with a xerox copy
15) 2 Labled emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, Blood Group, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
16) Sleeping Bag or a bedsheet
17) Light wind sheeter.
18) Camping Knife (less then 6 inch), 10 meter cotton / nylon rope, Tarpulin 9 x12 size, Lighter, Emergency food, Whistle. (Must carry)
Organiser: Explorer Mohit
Please give preference to contact by email
You can pay through credit card: