Tadiandamol trek is one of the most beautiful, though less known, treks in Karnataka. The trail takes you through the vast expanse of the Shola forests, through endless lush green grasslands and streams.
Age: 18 and Above with Good Fitness and Experience
Tadiandamol is the highest peak in Coorg/Kodagu district with an elevation of 5740 ft. It is the third highest peak in Karnataka It is a place of interest for trekkers and naturalists. The mountain has patches of shola forests in the valleys.
Expect a lot of leeches and unplanned adventure but you will get used to that :)
More about Leeches at : http://www.meetup.com/great-hyderabad-adventure-club/messages/boards/thread/9756073
COST: 3875 INR
* Cost covers travel, food and emergency expenses only. Extra saved will be returned equally before the end of the trek.
* GHAC refund rules apply
FRIDAY :Take Bus to Bangalore
SATURDAY : Reach Bangalore ,Hire a 20 seater to Kakabe .Bangalore--->Mandya--->Srirangapattana--->Mysore-->Hunsuru-->Kushalnagar-->Madikeri-->Kakabe.
From Kakabe Trek to Tadiyanmol and arrange night stay on peak .
SUNDAY : Camp awakens at 5 AM . Trek down to Kakabe and journey back towards Bangalore , If time permits see chelavera falls.
Reach Bangalore for Bus back to Hyd
MONDAY : Reach Hyderabad (8:45am mostly)
Things to Bring
1) Trekking shoes with Anklet * ( leech prone area)
2)Rain protection - rain sheeter or a tarpaulin with rope *
3) Spare clothes ( only light ones, you will get wet for sure)*
4) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries*
5) own basic first aid kit
6) A rucksack / haversack *
7)Sleeping Bag *
8) mosquito cream
9) Water bottle - 2 Litres
10) Toilet paper / wet tissues
11) Toiletries ( Herbal tooth brush, soap, small towel/napkin)
12) 2 biodegradable plastic bags medium size to carry waste
13) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License)
14) Smiles* :-)
* - Mandatory
Pre-requisites : Nothing much. We are out for an adventure. So be prepared for anything worse. Do not grumble.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
For Payment through Credit card .
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
Hyderabad to Banglore : 750
Banglore to Kakabe and Back to Banglore : 750
Banglore to Hyderabad : 750
Food : 500
Misc : 225
GHAC Fee : 550
Organiser Expenses :350
Rest of the money will be refunded by the end of the trek.
People from Bangalore can also join . Cost INR 2375
Once payment is done comment your transaction ID or number below for confirmation. And we will confirm you to going list.
1) no smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) ladies and gents accommodation in separate tents
4) Simple Vegetarian food will be provided .Food in train is not included .
5)Pack light weight < less then 10 KG - including 2 L water