Most blogs mention this to be the toughest trek in Karnataka. So gear up for an exciting trek.
Age: 18 and Above with Good Fitness and Experience
Genre: Moderate - Difficult
Join the waiting list and make the payments. Preference will be given to trekkers with experience.
Kumara Parvatha is a mountain located in Subramanya (village) of Sullia taluka, Karnataka. The village is known for the Hindu Kukke Subramanya Temple. In spite of being a small village, it is a well-known shrine, and draws large number of devotees throughout the year. The peak is at a height of about 1712m, and is about 13 km from the temple. This mountain is on the border between Dakshina Kannada and Kodagu districts, so the lights of Somwarpet town in Kodagu can be seen from the peak.
The base hill is folded into three connected projections, namely - Kumaraparvata, Seshagiri and Pushpagiri peaks. The Shola forests are thick and ever green. This is a wonderful opportunity to feel the heaviness of the rain forests of Dakshina Kannada.
Most of the trekkers across several blogs have mentioned it to be a tough trek, with most mentioning it as the toughest in Karnataka.
What do we plan to do?
Cover Seshagiri, Kumaraparvata and Pushpagiri. We will have to push ourselves.
COST: 3350 INR
* Cost covers travel(will be lesser if we book train. If payments come in early, we could book train, else bus to bangalore) and emergency expenses only. Extra saved will be returned equally before the end of the trek.
* A fee of Rs.200 will be collected by Forest Department.
* GHAC refund rules apply
14th 1915hrs Start from Secunderabad
15th 0800hrs Reach Bangalore majestic
0900hrs Catch bus from Majestic
1730hrs Reach Kukke Subramanya Temple road
1800hrs Fresh up in public toilets near temple road and start towards Bhattra Manne
2100hrs Reach Bhattra Manne - camp
16th 0500hrs Start from Bhattra Manne
0730hrs Reach Kallu Mantap
0900hrs Leave Kallu Mantap after some refreshments .. photo sessions
1300hrs Reach Sesha Parvatham
1330hrs Target the peak of Kumara Parvatham
1630hrs Reach peak
2030hrs Reach Kallu Mantap and camp. Based on the climatic condition, We may also try Somvarpet route to descend.
17th 0400hrs Wake-up call
0430hrs Start Descending
0730hrs Reach Kukke and Fresh up
0830hrs Leave Kukke
1820hrs Catch Train from Bangalore
18th 0600hrs Reach Secunderabad
1) no smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) ladies and gents accommodation in separate tents
4) Get your own food
5) Pack light weight < less then 10 KG - including 2 L water
Things to Bring
1) Your own food * - mostly dry stuff like chapatis, dry fruits, chocolates, and energy bar/drinks - do not get bread or biscuits.
2) 1 track pants/ loose trousers
3) 1 full hand T-shirt * ( please avoid bright coloured and shiny clothes)
4) mosquito cream
5) own basic first aid kit
6) sun hat/ screen (30spf) (optional)
7) Trekking shoes with Anklet to protect yourself from blood sucking leeches *
8) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries*
9) Water bottle - 2 Litres
10) Toilet paper / wet tissues
11) Toiletries ( Herbal tooth brush, small towel/napkin) **
12) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License)
13) A rucksack / haversack *
14) Rain protection - rain sheeter or a tarpaulin with rope *
15) Sleeping Bag *
16) Wind sheeter
17) Smiles* :-)
* - Mandatory
** Protect water sources. Do not use soap or shampoo in streams/lakes.
Pre-requisites : Nothing much. We are out for an adventure. So be prepared for anything worse. Itinerary may change if the situation demands. Do not grumble.
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
Mention the meetup id and you name in the transaction in the comment box
you can also pay with credit at following link...