Kallur is a small village 60KM from Khammam which has a range of hills covered in thick Bamboo Forest. The Hills are surrounded by villages on all the sides.
The forest has many snakes and few Sloth Bears. The Villages depends on this forest for their livelihood. The villagers are specialized in making bamboo cane and in dairy farming. Small Streams flows through the Hills which is the only source of water.
** Forgot to add one more thing: At night, this place is like a club, with lot of fire flies
Difficulty: Hard (Night trek can also be done, if ppl are interested )
Start on 4th July[masked]:00 PM Bus to Khammam
5th July Reach Khammam / Kallur, Find some Village nearby Hills/Forests, Decide route and start Exploration
6th July: Start back to Hyderabad in the evening
7th July: By morning we will be back in Hyderabad
Event Cost : Rs 1200 (As it is exploration trek, the cost may increase and in case the cost goes up high, we would share the cost. Cost might go up to a max of Rs. 200)
Things to bring:
1) A rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in and hang on ur back, try to keep the bag less then 5 Kgs.
2) 1 track pants/ loose trousers full length, 2 T-shirt's - Full sleeves preferred (There will be lot of bushes and thorns). Please avoid bright and shiny clothes and wear green/brown to merge in the jungle background. Please do not wear military uniform to avoid any trouble.
3) 1 Extra pair of socks, 1 Extra pair of under garments
4) Insect repellent, Sun screen (SPF)
5) Walking /trekking /sport shoes - Mandatory
6) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries - Mandatory
7) Medicines you need
8) Chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture (do not forget Glucose) to avoid dehydration
9) Water bottle - 2 Liters
10) Toilet paper
11) 2 plastic bags medium size to collect trash.
12) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License)
13) Sleeping bag or a bed sheet
14) 2 emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
15) A good and positive mood to carry it all! :)
16) Disclaimer - sign and give it to the organizer
1) No smoking, No alcohol, No littering & no water pollution
2) Food will mostly be vegetarian - We may cook our own food if we want.
3) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
4) If you feel unwell, please bring it to the notice of the organizers immediately.
** This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
Payment details: AXIS BANK
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
You can pay using credit using the below link
Please mention UTR number in comments while transferring amount. NO cash deposits please.
Swathi -[masked], [masked]
Abhishek -[masked], [masked]