Price: $22.00/per person
Kondaveedu Fort is to be found at a distance of 25 km from Guntur. It was built during the rule of the Reddy kings. Located on a hilltop, this historical fort offers around 21 structures to be seen. There are also many temples, residential structures, pillared halls and the entrance gate ways worth seeing here. The panoramic view from the summit is awe inspiring and is ideal for trekking. The Gopinatha Temple and Kathulabave at the foothill are other major attractions of Kondaveedu.
When: 20 -23 july ( start on evening 8:30 pm of 20th return on 23rd Jul Morning)
Where : Kondaveedu Fort - Guntur
Cost: Rs 1200 per head (Approximate)
Includes travel, food and stay
Make the payment of Rs. 1200 to the following bank account.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
Account No.: 038205001748
Account Type: Current
Bank: ICICI Bank Ltd
Branch: Road No 12, Banjara Hills
IFSC Code: ICIC0000382
Mode Of travel: Train and Bus
Route: Train to Guntur, Bus to Phirangipuram via Narsaraopet.
Distance from Hyderabad: 300 Kms
20 July :
8:30 pm - Board train to Guntur
Train No 320
Train Name SC RAL FASTPASS
Station: Secunderbad Station
- 4 am - reach guntur and move to guntur bus station
- 5 am - Board bus to Phirangipuram via Narsaraopet
- 7am - 5 pm - Reach Kondaveedu Fort Base- Conquer the fort
-5pm - Reach Suryalanka Beach and Camp there.
22 July :
- 6 AM -Hike at the Beach.
- 6 PM - reach guntur, check out the town or watch a movie
- 10:30 PM - catch the train to hyderabad
- 5 AM - back in Hyderabad
Things to Bring
1) A rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in and hang on ur back, try to keep the bag less then 5 kgs
2) 1 track pants/ loose trousers or jeans - full length
3) 2 T-shirt - full sleeves preferred ( you may have to go in bushes) ( please avoid bright and shiny clothes and wear green/brown to merge in the jungle backgroud)
4) 2 pair socks
5) 2 pair under garments
6) mosquito cream
7) insect repellent ( for outdoors)
8) sun hat/ screen ( for the ladies and fair and handsome)
9) walking /trekking /sport shoes
10) Digi / Video Camera
11) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries
12) Medicines you need
13) Tiffin Box to carry lunch or u can manage with a plastic cover or paper
14) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars/ Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture ( for the poor)
15) water bottle - 2 Litres
15) Toilet paper / wet tissues
16) Toiletries ( tooth brush, paste, small towel/napkin, comb, shampoo)
17) 2 plastic bags medium size
18) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License)
19) Sleeping bag or a bedsheet
20) 2 emergency Notes with your name and address, phone numbers, emergency contact name and number, doctors name and number, with information on any medicines you take and any allergies you have with food or medicines, keep 1 in pocket and 1 in bag.
21) A good and positive mood to carry it all
22) disclaimer - sign and give it to the organizer
Chandu - [masked]
Ramana: Your payment of Rs 1200 vide NEFT 000335705153 has been credited to the GHAC account. Since the meetup is re-scheduled, you have an option of going for the revised date or use this amount for another trek. In case you are making a shift, please change your RSVP here, and also inform the organizers of this meetup.
0 · July 16, 2012
Transaction made for two, here is the details
Transaction Type Funds Transfer to Other ICICI Bank Account across India
Date of Transaction 29/06/2012
From ICICI Bank Account 018301556805- * * * (BEGUMPET)
To Payee 038205001748-GHAC (BANJARA HILLS - HYDERABAD)
Transaction Amount (Rs.) 2400
Transaction Remarks 20th July Kondaveedu
0 · June 29, 2012
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.