The following process outlines the steps GHAC members are required to do to become an outdoor leader and organiser with the club.
1) Apply for the Selection as when it is announced.
2) Attend outdoor leadership course
Members who are selected in the volunteer selection meet have to attend a 3 days outdoor leadership course workshop that walks them through an introduction to all the skills that are required to be an outdoor leader.
3) Assist existing organizers in conduct of 5 local and 5 outstation events
After undergoing the outdoor leader course the participant will become a trainee organizer and supports an existing organizer with 5 local events and 5 outstation events to learn and experience the organizing process.
4) Form a team with you batch mates and together work towards completing the prerequisites.
5) Enhance skills by participating in the further training sessions as conducted by the club or request training sessions from time to time
Participants will need to enhance their skills in the following
Leading people in the Outdoors.
Map Reading, Compass Usage, Night and Wilderness Navigation
Search and Rescue
Ropes, Knots and Lashings
6) Trainee Organisers will be promoted to Event Organisers when
a) They Complete the Prerequisites and Two existing organizers with whom the trainee was assisting vouch for the trainee organiser as competent to lead and organize adventure events.
The entire schedule can take from 3 months to an year and depends on the participation levels of the participants.
Benefits of Being in the GHAC organising committee
1) You learn all the outdoor skills and techniques required for outdoor leadership
2) You become part of a premier Not for profit adventure Club and work with the best outdoor leaders in town and also get the opportunity to learn and teach.
3) Your expenses are covered by the club for all events you conduct.
4) You get to improve you outdoor and leadership skills with a diversified group as you go on conducting different activities for the club.
5) GHAC also covers your certification costs for any advanced level training like NIM mountaineering etc.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|GHAC Leadership Charter||March 30, 2016 11:15 PM||Diyanat A.|
|important safety advisory||August 6, 2012 2:08 PM||Diyanat A.|
|Team Building - Team Outing - Outbound Training||July 15, 2015 11:05 PM||Diyanat A.|
|Hans India news 7th Sept 2011||September 7, 2011 7:53 PM||Suresh K.|
|Club Guidelines||March 10, 2016 10:01 PM||Diyanat A.|
|Newsletter||October 15, 2011 10:02 AM||Amardeep|
|DC report 21st August 2011||August 26, 2011 12:25 AM||Suresh K.|
|Postnoon report - issue dated 14th August 2011||August 26, 2011 12:09 AM||Suresh K.|
|How to become a GHAC Outdoor leader and Organiser||June 11, 2015 5:29 PM||Diyanat A.|
|contact||June 29, 2016 3:11 PM||Diyanat A.|
|Donor List||March 10, 2010 1:43 AM||GHAC|
|Press||July 22, 2012 9:21 PM||Diyanat A.|