The Austin Area Great Dane Meetup Group Message Board › Hyaluronan (HA) Supplement for Canine Joint Pain

Hyaluronan (HA) Supplement for Canine Joint Pain

Paul Del P.
user 9507410
Austin, TX
Post #: 17
We've been giving Ike, our 6-year-old Great Dane, daily doses of Glucosamine+MSM for almost 4 years but this didn't seem to postpone the onset of sore hips and joint discomfort we've seen during the past several months.

Someone at a recent Meetup suggested we try a liquid supplement called "LubriSyn" (Hyaluronan HA) which sells on Amazon in a 64 Oz dispenser for around $1.00 per daily dose.

We've been giving Ike the supplement for just over a week, and our early observations suggest that he is seeing some benefit. For example, he's no longer hesitating to climb stairs, doesn't seem to limp as much when he wakes from a rest, and appears to play with more energy at the park.

Has anyone else tried this product? What long-term results did you observe?
debra r.
user 43189592
Cedar Park, TX
Post #: 8
Im going to look into this. My Gus needs it. How are you giving Ike the liquid? Does it have taste?

THANKS,
Gus's mom
Paul Del P.
user 9507410
Austin, TX
Post #: 18
Hi, we bought that 64 Oz. bottle of clear liquid shown on that Amazon link in the original post.

I called the manufacturer and verified that their human and canine versions of the product are the same except for the packaging, so I tasted the clear liquid. The liquid is slightly sweet, with a consistency and taste sort of like diluted corn syrup.

The 64 Oz. bottle has a pump dispenser on the top. We checked the pump and confirmed that one squirt is 15mL, the right daily dose for a large dog. The 64 Oz. bottle should be good for 126 daily doses.

We're putting the liquid in Ike's food each evening.
Michael H.
user 13361634
Austin, TX
Post #: 20
Any updates on the effectiveness? I am considering this product but would like some first hand experiences.
Michael H.
user 13361634
Austin, TX
Post #: 21
Any updates on the effectiveness? I am considering this product but would like some first hand experiences.
Rex and Lisa B.
user 3328033
Group Organizer
Buda, TX
Post #: 93
We're trying it with Sadie. She's been on it for almost two weeks. I'm not seeing any real improvement. Will try it for a while longer and see.