addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Brittnee
user 74553742
La Porte, TX
Post #: 10
Hi, my puppy is soon to be 8 months old. She is hard of hearing, so I sign no with voice same time. Even show her mad expression. She seems don't understand. So she keep counter surfing to find food. Today was peanut brittle! Last time was whole chicken breast! Luckily I was able to pull it out of her throat with bone. Recently, was my sis graduation cake, ugh. How can I train her to not to take any food? My other great Dane never did this. Help if you can, please
Chelsey
user 82865202
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I don't have experience with the hearing aspect of it. But I get a newspaper for Bruiser and just tap him with it whenever he starts to go in the kitchen. He doesn't like the sight of it. I say no when I grab it and he immediately stops. Hope this helps! Your dane is so cute!
Michael H.
user 13361634
Austin, TX
Post #: 15
We have had great success with a squirt bottle of water for correcting other behavior issues.
Brittnee
user 74553742
La Porte, TX
Post #: 12
I'll try used newspaper or papertowel? Umm the water squirt is bad idea, she love to play with water squirt as a game haha.
Chelsey, thanks! your puppy is cute! That how my puppy get away with spoil haha (shouldn't have though (/_\)
Brittnee
user 74553742
La Porte, TX
Post #: 13
Also, i have 2 different entrance into the kitchen. So i think she know how to sneak (yeah a giant puppy!) Into the kitchen but I'll try my best
Chelsey
user 82865202
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Lol thanks! Bruiser is super spoiled too smh. He doesn't jump often yet ( hopefully never) so he doesn't realize he is big enough to counter surf. So I'm just getting him in the habit of not being allowed in the kitchen at all before he catches on lol. All we can do is try with these big puppies! God luck =)
Brittnee
user 74553742
La Porte, TX
Post #: 15
How old is Bruiser? Skylar doesn't jump often either but she sure using eyes and nose often to figure out the counter since her hearing is less useful. hopefully she doesn't have a bad habit either haha