The Austin Area Great Dane Meetup Group Message Board › Parvo after Meetup Saturday

Parvo after Meetup Saturday

April M.
user 115037812
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Parker has been hospitalized with Parvo after Saturdays meetup. He was vaccinated, (multiple times) but ended up with the virus anyway. That was his first outing ever, so I felt it was important to post here. I am also going to contact the Dog Drinkery and let them know. If your dog is having ANY symptoms of vomiting or diarrhea, please get them to the vet immediately. My first thought was just that he raided the litter box (he is adorably disgusting like that) but after he did not show overnight improvement, he went to the vet first thing this morning. He began vomiting yesterday and it went downhill from there. Please send your prayers and positive vibes Parkers way. I really hope my baby pulls through this.

Thanks,
April
Rex and Lisa B.
user 3328033
Group Organizer
Buda, TX
Post #: 89
Thanks for posting and letting everyone know. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and Parker.
Pam R.
user 74281752
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Good for you for getting him into care. It is a good lesson for all of us. There has been a tummy bug going around and I know I will be more proactive because of your sharing.

You and precious Parker and in our prayers. Please keep us posted.

Pam (and Lil' Tyke)
Tiffany T.
Tiff-Cinder
Leander, TX
Post #: 48
How is Parker doing? I hope everything is well and he is doing better.