The Austin Area Great Dane Meetup Group Message Board › Great Dane Feeding Station

Great Dane Feeding Station

A former member
Post #: 9
My good friend and companion Atticus passed away yesterday. He was at least 12 years old (I got him when he was about 2). This was both sad, and yet he had such a good life.

He had two beds. A big 68 inch by 51 inch bed with a headboard (to keep him from scratching the walls), and a smaller 41 by 36 inch bed. And a feeding station so he didn't have to lean down to eat.

All of this is free to anyone that can use them.

Call me, Paul Snow 512 627 8841
A former member
Post #: 10
I still have a feeding station seeking a good home! It comes with two high quality feed bowls, and is 22 inches high.

I built this feeding station because Atticus as he got older choked when eating at ground level. This feeding station allowed him to only slightly lean down and eat and drink. The admittedly ugly backboard prevented him from slinging food and slime against the wall.

Basically this is a very utilitarian solution to feeding a Great Dane inside one's house. the other advantage is that it kept the food and water bowls off the floor, allowing easier cleaning, and preventing other animals from eating his food.

By the way, I have a half a bag of Frome Gold Large Dog dog food that can go with the station. At 48 dollars per bag, it is pretty good stuff. I think it helped Atticus reach his roughly 12 years of age.
user 42238182
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
Where are you located? We can always se additional bedding, and a feeding stand would great. cJ