addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Great Works Book Club Message Board › Online Discussion Group

Online Discussion Group

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi All,

I’ve just started an online reading group, which I believe will be especially interesting to those of us who enjoy absurdist, surreal, or postmodern books. The group is located on Copia, an e-reading community (­, and they are supporting this effort to create a place online where absurdity lovers can talk about the books, authors, and ideas they love.

Copia’s Postmodern, Sci-Fi, and Absurdism reading group (specifically found here: http://www.thecopia.c...­) focuses on just those genres, emphasizing the humor as well as the deeper philosophical elements presented by the genres' authors. The platform allows readers to post book reviews, connect with new friends, and, most importantly, share comments and annotations in the margins of the ebooks that they download.

To start the group off, I've added some great books to our eLibrary shelves, such as The Stranger and Metamorphosis, but I hope you and your readers will make suggestions as to what books I should add and what they'd like to discuss. After stumbling upon this group, I sincerely hope you will all be interested in sharing a love for great postmodern literature with readers from around the globe.

In addition to great books, Copia also has a full selection of bestsellers, academic books, millions of other downloadable books that let readers share the experience of reading great a book with someone who is far away, or simply read for pleasure. It is the most comprehensive eReading platform on the market.

If you have other questions about our reading group or Copia, please feel welcome to tweet @DaveWCopia. Thanks for your time, and I hope to see you in the community!

Dave W.