- Conventional oil and gas technology (exploration, recovery, and extraction)
- Non-conventional oil and gas technology
- Alternative and renewable energy (solar, wind, hydrogen, biofuels, geothermal, etc.)
- Renewable and bio-based chemicals
- Mobility / smart mobility
- Energy efficiency / smart grid
- Energy finance and trading technologies
Since 2008, over 40 companies presenting at Ultra Light Startups events have raised venture capital and over 140 have raised angel funding. In addition, Future Energy events offer partnership, business development, and press opportunities to presenters.