Mark you calendar. We're going to use the same location as April 6th event. I'll add more information later but it's pretty much going to be the same as the last event. Some of the same models and we're looking for new models as well.
For new photographers who want to attend our workshop, if the weather permits.
• Learn to use lighting like the pros.
• We're here to share our tips to beginning photographers.
• Ever wonder how Drew and I light our models without the background being blown out on a sunny day? Speed lights not cutting it huh? We will give you hands on experience in using affordable and portable mono strobe lights and equipment. Try Before You Buy.
• You'll be so impressed with your images after the event that you'll be ready to order the same lighting equipment we use.
• I'll show you different light modifiers and their uses. Octobox, beauty dish and grids will be covered. I'll discuss the difference between the silver BD and white BD. Why i use the BD over an Octobox at the beach or desert.
• Circular Polarizer(CP)and Neutral Density(ND) filters will be discussed and how it will improve your images when shooting outdoors or at the beach. I recommend Hoya brand. CP, ND4
• Once you attend our workshop, you'll be able to build up your port with beautiful models quickly.
• Students can take the remainder of day to shoot models.
Preperations for workshop:
• To make use of the workshop, Cyber Syncs or Pocket Wizards III are recommended. You only need the transmitter for the workshop. We have the receivers on the strobe lights. If you are in the market to purchase wireless transmitter I recommend purchasing the Cybersyncs from Paul C. Buff. You may also rent Cyber Syncs from us at $10 with photo ID. Limited availability, don't assume we'll have enough Cyber Syncs.
• Students must have prior knowledge on how to adjust their camera in manual mode. You'll need to know how to adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
• I recommend you purchase a CP, ND or both that i listed above. Purchase the appropriate diameter for your lens.
• Make sure D-lighting or similar camera feature is turned off!
• If you have a 101 questions, please let us finish the workshop first then you may ask your questions after. Some photographers learn quicker than others so we can finish with them right away so they can jump right into shooting for the rest of the day. It typically takes 30-40 minutes to teach the workshop depending on the amount of students and answering basic questions.
Don't care about the workshop?
• For photographers who don't care about the workshop, they can shoot the available models for the group shoot portion.
• Shoot beautiful models all day long.
• Please be courteous, if you're going to set up your lighting equipment at a awesome location, to either share or move locations every 1/2 hour.
• Single strobe light with light modifier, portable power supply and Cyber Sync wireless trigger can be rented for $40 for the whole day from me and maybe from some of our staff.
Hire models after the event for 1 on 1 shoots at 1/2 hour increments
Message the models and see if you can hire the model you want after the group event for 1 on 1 sessions. Please pre-book with the models. If models don't get any pre-bookings they will more than likely cancel. Don't wait until the event or you'll miss out on shooting on specific models because they canceled last minute.
The 6 sessions are:
**************** Registration Information **************** When is this taking place and how can i reserve a spot? Date: Saturday May 11, 2013 Time: 10am to 6:20pm. The main event is from 10am to 2pm. 2pm-2:30pm is lunch. From 2:30pm-6:20pm you are allowed to hire models for 1 on 1 sessions at 1/2 hour increments. Location: Corona, CA
We'll email the address and information to you several days before the event. Photographer fee:
• Group shoot - $100 fee. Models attend free. • Lighting workshop - $140 This includes being able to shoot the models during the group shoot portion. Please let me know if you're going to be attending the lighting workshop.
• Deposit is non-refundable! No exceptions! If you can't make it to the event, your deposit will got towards the next event.
• Be sure to register here and RSVP! You will be emailed through meetup.com the address and information several days before the event.
• Model releases are not included. Cost of model release will depend on what the model charges.
• Lunch and drinks will be provided.
NO ESCORTS, HUSBAND, BOYFRIENDS, OF SOME SORT FOR BOTH MODELS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS!
But if you absolutely need to bring someone, they will have to pay the $100 fee.
Information here subject to change. Keep checking this post for updates...
Welcome to our group. My name is Karl and I'm your host along with some helpers of mine.
If you've been following me and my work from other social sites then come join us at my next event. Talk photography and ask questions if needed. Meet other photographers that have attended our events, learn tips and tricks, get more experience.
We teach outdoor lighting and get you to over power the sun. Shoot at the beach or desert when the sun is out. Don't fall for that it's better to shoot when it is cloudy. I'll you that most photographers say that because they don't know how to shoot in the sun. You're here reading this and if you've seen my photography work then you can see that yes I shoot in the sun with no problems.
Learn to get nice saturated images instead of washed out images. Yes your speed light isn't going to cut it at the beach. I'll show you the most economical way to purchase strobe lights, the equipment i use. Once you attend my lighting workshop you'll see day and night difference in your images. (outdoor lighting workshop is not taught during the winter).