The location has been changed to Temecula, CA. It is no longer in Downey, CA. Check images below. The new location is awesome!
The time is shorter since we have no access to inside the home and sunset is at 5:10pm.
Some of our last events with some behind the scene videos...
• Drew and Karl group shoot and workshop April 6th in Corona, CA
• Drew and Karl group shoot, Riverside, CA
• Drew and Karl Bank Vault group shoot in Los Angeles
• D&K group shoot Beverly Hills, CA October 23rd
• Drew & Karl Desert shoot September 25th Victorville, CA
• D&K group shoot Beverly Hills, CA August 13th
• D&K group shoot and workshop Topanga Canyon, CA July 30th
• D&K Desert event June 25th Victorville, CA
• D&K Mansion event June 18 Beverly Hills, CA
• Drew & Karl Mansion event May 15 Beverly Hills, CA - video!
• Drew and Karl HUGE Mansion Shoot April 23 Riverside, CA
• Drew & Karl Bank Vault shoot Los Angeles CA March 20th
• Drew & Karl Playboy models - Encino, CA Feb 27th
• Drew & Karl group shoot in Tustin Ranch, CA December 4th & 5th - Video!
• Drew & Karl Glamour shoot Sat Nov 20th, Norco, CA
• Drew and Karl WNR shoot, Sun Oct 24 - Menifee, CA Here is a video!
• Desert workshop/group shoot 9/25 Victorville, CAHere is a video!
• Drew & Karl Mansion event Aug 15 Beverly Hills, CA Here is the video!
• Drew & Karl Back 2 Back event July 17th Monrovia, CA Check out the video!
• Drew & Karl, Summer Start Off, Monrovia, CA June 19
• Drew and Karl WNR shoot, Sun May 23 - Menifee, CA
• Drew and Karl workshop/group shoot 4/25 Vista, CA
• Drew and Karl group shoot, Sunday March 28, Riverside, CA
• Drew and Karl TeaseUm shoot, Feb 27, Riverside, CA
• Drew and Karl group shoot, Jan 30, Riverside, CA
• Wooden Nickle Ranch, Sun Dec 6th - Menifee, CA
• Desert workshop/group shoot Oct-24 Victorville, CA
• Desert workshop/group shoot 9/27 Victorville, CA - Check out our very first video!
For new photographers who want to attend our workshop
• Learn to use lighting like the pros.
• We're here to share our tips to beginning photographers.
• Ever wonder how Drew and I light our models without the background being blown out on a sunny day? Speed lights not cutting it huh? We will give you hands on experience in using affordable and portable mono strobe lights and equipment. Try Before You Buy.
• You'll be so impressed with your images after the event that you'll be ready to order the same lighting equipment we use.
• I'll show you different light modifiers and their uses. Octobox, beauty dish and grids will be covered. I'll discuss the difference between the silver BD and white BD. Why I use the BD over an Octobox at the beach or desert.
• Circular Polarizer(CP)and Neutral Density(ND) filters will be discussed and how it will improve your images when shooting outdoors or at the beach. I recommend Hoya brand. CP, ND4
• Once you attend our workshop, you'll be able to build up your port with beautiful models quickly.
• Students can take the remainder of day to shoot models.
Preparations for workshop:
• To make use of the workshop you'll need a Cyber Sync. You only need the transmitter for the workshop. We have the receivers on the strobe lights. If you are in the market to purchase wireless transmitter I recommend purchasing the Cyber Syncs from Paul C. Buff. You may also rent Cyber Syncs from us at $10 with photo ID. Limited availability, don't assume we'll have enough Cyber Syncs.
• Students must have prior knowledge on how to adjust their camera in manual mode. You'll need to know how to adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
• I recommend you purchase a CP, ND or both that I listed above. Purchase the appropriate diameter for your lens.
• Make sure D-lighting or similar camera feature is turned off!
• If you have a 101 questions, please let us finish the workshop first then you may ask your questions after. Some photographers learn quicker than others so we can finish with them right away so they can jump right into shooting for the rest of the day. It typically takes 30-40 minutes to teach the workshop depending on the amount of students and answering basic questions.
Don't care about the workshop?
• For photographers who don't care about the workshop, they can shoot the available models for the group shoot portion.
• Shoot beautiful models all day long.
Hire models during the 1 on 1 event.
After the group shoot and lunch the 1 on 1's start. When you first arrive you can check out the models and hire them at 1/2 hour increments. We will have sign in cards for each model with 6 time slot sessions.
The 6 sessions are:
Slot 1 = 1:10pm-1:40pm
Slot 2 = 1:50pm-2:20pm
Slot 3 = 2:30pm-3:00pm
Slot 4 = 3:10pm-3:40pm
Slot 5 = 3:50pm-4:20pm
Slot 6 = 4:30pm-5:00pm
Times subject to change so go by slot numbers.
******** Photographer Registration Information ********
When is this taking place and how can I reserve a spot?
Date: Sunday January 19th
Time: 10am to 5:00pm. The main event is from 10am to 12:50pm. 12:50pm-1:10pm is lunch. From 1:10pm-5:00pm you are allowed to hire models for 1 on 1 sessions at 1/2 hour increments.
• Group shoot - $80 fee.
• Workshop - $120 total. RSVP $80 and pay the $40 dollars at location.
• Payment is non-refundable unless mother nature interferes! No exceptions! If you can't make it to the event, your deposit will got towards the next event.
• Payment by Paypal. Don't have Paypal? Get one or miss out!
• Be sure to register here and RSVP! You will be emailed through meetup.com the address and information several days before the event, usually Thursday late night.
• Model releases are not included. Cost of model release will depend on what the model charges.
• Lunch and drinks will be provided.
NO ESCORTS, HUSBAND, BOYFRIENDS, OF SOME SORT FOR BOTH MODELS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS!
But if you absolutely need to bring someone, they will have to pay the $80 fee.
I get models asking me if they have to pay registration. They answer is no but if want to tip me you can, lol. Registration is only for photographers. You don't even have to be a member of meetup.com to attend our events unless you want to leave comments.
Will add models as we hire them. (the models pictures are below the names.)