D&K group shoot and workshop. This will be our 3rd anniversary! Come join us and shoot beautiful glamour models at some abandoned houses in the desert. If the desert heat doesn't get to you, the hot half naked gorgeous models will! Check out our previous Desert event links below.
Here are links to our previous events, some with behind the scene videos!
• D&K group shoot Beverly Hills, CA August 13th
• D&K groupshoot and workshop Topanga Canyon, CA July 30th
• D&K Desert event June 25th Victorville, CA
• D&K Mansion event June 18 Beverly Hills, CA
• Drew & Karl Mansion event May 15 Beverly Hills, CA - video!
• Drew and Karl HUGE Mansion Shoot April 23 Riverside, CA
• Drew & Karl Bank Vault shoot Los Angeles CA March 20th
• Drew & Karl Playboy models - Encino, CA Feb 27th
• Drew & Karl group shoot in Tustin Ranch, CA December 4th & 5th - Video!
• Drew & Karl Glamour shoot Sat Nov 20th, Norco, CA
• Drew and Karl WNR shoot, Sun Oct 24 - Menifee, CA Here is a video!
• Desert workshop/group shoot 9/25 Victorville, CAHere is a video!
• Drew & Karl Mansion event Aug 15 Beverly Hills, CA Here is the video!
• Drew & Karl Back 2 Back event July 17th Monrovia, CA Check out the video!
• Drew & Karl, Summer Start Off, Monrovia, CA June 19
• Drew and Karl WNR shoot, Sun May 23 - Menifee, CA
• Drew and Karl workshop/group shoot 4/25 Vista, CA
• Drew and Karl group shoot, Sunday March 28, Riverside, CA
• Drew and Karl TeaseUm shoot, Feb 27, Riverside, CA
• Drew and Karl group shoot, Jan 30, Riverside, CA
• Wooden Nickle Ranch, Sun Dec 6th - Menifee, CA
• Desert workshop/group shoot Oct-24 Victorville, CA
• Desert workshop/group shoot 9/27 Victorville, CA - Check out our very first video!
For new photographers who want to attend our workshop
• Learn to use lighting like the pros.
• We're here to share our tips to beginning photographers.
• Ever wonder how Drew and I light our models without the background being blown out on a sunny day? Speed lights not cutting it huh? We will give you hands on experience in using affordable and portable mono strobe lights and equipment. Try Before You Buy.
• You'll be so impressed with your images after the event that you'll be ready to order the same lighting equipment we use.
• I'll show you different light modifiers and their uses. Octobox, beauty dish and grids will be covered. I'll discuss the difference between the silver BD and white BD. Why i use the BD over an Octobox at the beach or desert.
• Circular Polarizer(CP)and Neutral Density(ND) filters will be discussed and how it will improve your images when shooting outdoors or at the beach. I recommend Hoya brand. CP, ND4
• Once you attend our workshop, you'll be able to build up your port with beautiful models quickly.
• Students can take the remainder of day to shoot models.
Preperations for workshop:
• To make use of the workshop, Pocket Wizards or Cyber Syncs are recommended. You can rent the PW's from Calumet or Samy's if needed. If you are in the market to purchase wireless transmitter i recommend purchasing the Cybersyns from Paul C. Buff. If the Pocket Wizards or Cyber Syncs are unavailable to rent, you may rent Pocket Wizards from Drew and I. Limited availability, don't assume we'll have enough PW's.
• Students must have prior knowledge on how to adjust their camera in manual mode. You'll need to know how to adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
• I recommend you purchase a CP, ND or both that i listed above. Purchase the appropriate diameter for your lens.
• Make sure D-lighting or similar camera feature is turned off!
• If you have a 101 questions, please let us finish the workshop first then you may ask your questions after. Some photographers learn quicker than others so we can finish with them right away so they can jump right into shooting for the rest of the day. It typically takes 30-40 minutes to teach the workshop depending on the amount of students and answering basic questions.
Don't care about the workshop?
• For photographers who don't care about the workshop, they can shoot the available models for the group shoot portion. (Please note that the workshop will be using Channel 1 on the Pocket Wizards. On the CyberSyncs we'll reserve Channel 9 also, if needed)
• Shoot beautiful models all day long.
• Please be courteous, if you're going to set up your lighting equipment at a awesome location, to either share or move locations every 1/2 hour.
Hire models after the event for 1 on 1 shoots at 1/2 hour increments
Message the models and see if you can hire the model you want after the group event for 1 on 1 sessions.
The 6 sessions are:
**************** Registration Information ****************
When is this taking place and how can i reserve a spot?
Date: Sunday Septemnber 25th
Time: 10:00am to (TBD). The main event is from 10am to 2pm. 2pm-2:30pm is lunch. From 2:30pm- (TBD) you are allowed to hire models for 1 on 1 sessions at 1/2 hour increments.
Location: Victorville/Lucerne Valley, CA
We'll email the address and information to you several days before the event.
Meeting place: at a Home Depot off 15 freeway and Bear Valley rd at 9am. We will send out email information a couple of days before event.
• Workshop - $120 fee with $60 deposit.
(For photographers who want to learn lighting using strobes. Group shoot included.)
• Group shoot - $80 fee with $40 deposit for new photographers.
(For photographers not interested in the workshop portion.)
• Photographer Limit: None!
• Deposit is non-refundable! No exceptions! If you can't make it to the event, your deposit will got towards the next event.
• Remainder balance to be paid at meeting location.
• Deposit payment by Paypal. Don't have Paypal? Get one or miss out!
• Contact Drew Santos with your full name, phone number, and email address for payment instructions. Please be sure you message Drew on MM even though you paid the deposit through Paypal. That way he can keep track of attendies.
(Drew is currently on Vacation. He will accept your Paypal deposit when he gets back)
For non MM members reading this, Drew's email is [masked]. Be sure to tell him you do not have an MM account.
• Model releases are not included. Cost of model release will depend on what the model charges.
• Lunch and drinks will be provided.
NO ESCORTS, HUSBAND, BOYFRIENDS, OF SOME SORT FOR BOTH MODELS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS!
But if you absolutely need to bring someone, they will have to pay the $80 fee.
Information here subject to change. Keep checking this post for updates...
Images of location
Behind the scene of our recent desert shoot:
One of our attendees getting arrested... nah, j/k. This is a very cool sheriff who has stopped by to see what was happening. I've met him before months ago. Him and his partner watched me and another photographer shoot for 30 minutes then they went on their way.
Will be adding more soon. You can click on the models image to take you to their model mayhem profile.
Gracie - not on MM