Getting Things Done DC (GTDDC) Message Board › Getting Things Done DC Productivity Meetup (GTDDC) is tonight!

Getting Things Done DC Productivity Meetup (GTDDC) is tonight!

Ray
user 6779661
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Hi there, GTDDCists!

GTDDC is a little bit early this month and I'm considering the leap year the responsible party. Nevertheless, we're going to have a great meetup since we have an action-packed agenda as always.

REMINDERS

On the suggestion of a GTDer in our GTDNYC group, I'm going to start sending out announcement notices as follows:

• Within the week after our monthly meetup, I'll send the announcement of the next scheduled monthly meetup to everyone (along with the Meetup Group's message board). (Thanks to Margaret for her continued assistance in helping me keep the meetup event pages updated!)
  • Two weeks, one week and one day before the meetup, I'll send a reminder email to everyone.
  • I'll likely schedule at least a weekly tweet on Twitter, so feel free to follow us, @reply (so we can follow back) and ask questions as needed.
  • I'll post our next scheduled meetup up to Craigslist at the beginning of every month.
  • I'll try to syndicate the announcement and email reminders to Twitter, Facebook, Google+ page, and elsewhere.

If you have suggestions for other places to post, please let me know!

SPEAKERS
I generally try to have an outside speaker every other meetup on some GTD, productivity or related topic for the group. If you are interested in a specific topic, please email me and I'll do what I can to find a speaker who can come present the topic to the group at GTDDC.

MEMBER-PRESENTATIONS
Every month that we don't have an outside speaker, we will have member presentations on a wide variety of topics related to their own GTD implementations. So, if you're just starting out with GTD, you can talk about your experiences with the Clean Sweep or that first (and daunting) Weekly Review! However, if you're a GTD Blackbelt advancing to the level of Zen productivity master, well, you can do a presentation of your GTD system or latest productivity tool that you're keen to show the group. Please let me know if you're interested and I'll put you on the roster. Otherwise, I'll be emailing specific members with topic ideas that I think would engage the group. No one is *required* to do a member-presentation. I would just like to have everyone have the ability to participate to make this the best GTD productivity meetup experience for as many people as possible in the DC Metro area.

Here's to a productive month ahead, and I look forward to seeing as many of you tonight­!

Warmest regards,

Ray Sidney-Smith
Meetup Organizer & Founder, Getting Things Done NYC (GTD NYC)
Host, ProdPod.net­ -- the podcast of productivity lessons in two minutes or less