addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Russ
user 9971770
Hamlin, NY
Post #: 1
Hi, Russ here
Kristin has brought to my attention the need for us all to have trail names. I don't know why , but she sounded convincing. Often, we want to make our own nick-names, but, alas they are often stamped on us by others when we unwittingly do something a little strange or off-center. Here are my two initial recommendations

Adrienne- during the Letchworth hike, she definitely earned the moniker "fungus-girl" for her obsession with "all of the cool mushroom tulips"

Derk- Yoda for his Jedi-like powers

Kristin wants to be called "walks into trees" but we may have a better name for her in the future.
Please put your recommendations for other names on this thread. Embarrasing photos are optional, but encouraged.

Happy Trails!
Mike and K.
user 8554998
Group Organizer
Brockport, NY
Here's a link to an article about trail names that may generate some ideas...

Finding Your Trail Name
Kristin
Aerynrox
Rochester, NY
Post #: 7
Yes - it was actually Kathy who started the trail name discussion in the first place!
--Walks Into Trees
Kristin
Aerynrox
Rochester, NY
Post #: 8
Russ = Minstrel
Russ
user 9971770
Hamlin, NY
Post #: 2
Minstrel! I like that! Watch out for that tree!confused
Betty
user 8250299
Webster, NY
Well , I earned my trail name this past week! Just call me "Grace", as in, not enough of it...I became one with my mountain and brought some of it home with me.
Kristin
Aerynrox
Rochester, NY
Post #: 11
"Grace" is a great trail name! I find that no matter how humble I try to be, no matter how much respect I afford the trail, I still end up slipping on killer acorns (evil little buggers), sinking into mud and sliding down hills on my rear end. Oh - and I might even walk into trees on occasion.
Kristin
Aerynrox
Rochester, NY
Post #: 13
Gary = Papa Razzi!
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi..Gary here,

I will accept the trail name Paparazzi. But my good friends may call me Papa.

I don't know if any of you saw Colleen take a fall at the Maplewood hike ( she nailed the landing so I gave
her a 10.0 ), but I suggest her trail name be Fall Girl. But only on her approval and unless some one has a
better name for her.

See you all soon
A former member
Post #: 2
I will dutifully accept the trail name bequeathed to me by Papa Razzi with the simple addition of the number assigned to my Maplewood fall. Here unto shall be included in my name 10.0 (for the full affect) Fall Girl 10.0 signing out.... see ya "on" the trails everyone!