PLEASE JOIN AT IGNITERS MEETUP - http://www.meetup.com/Igniter/events/120881492/
(Note that there is a cover charge of $10 and the event is in Mountain View)
Secrets of a PR Hacker: How to Get 200+ Media Outlets in 21 Countries to Love Your Startup - Ben Kaplan
Would you like to drive millions of users to your website, product, mobile app, or service by harnessing the power of free mass media coverage? Would you like to raise $120,000 on Kickstarter in under one week?
Quadruple-threat PR hacker Ben Kaplan has done it all -- as a
- Media pundit,
- Brand spokesperson,
- Boutique PR firm owner, and
- Seasoned journalist.
In this interactive class session, he'll show you how a little creativity and strategy can turn you and your business into a media superstar that generates millions of dollars worth of publicity at minimal cost to your start-up.
$10 per person. ($15 at the door)
This includes food and drinks! Please RSVP for the event ASAP, this allows us to print name cards and arrange for food accordingly. There will be FREE Giveaways and great networking opportunity in the party after the session. DON'T MISS.
- Start-up founders and entrepreneurs who need to get users and show "traction"
- PR and marketing managers seeking widespread media coverage on a limited budget
- Individuals who are launching Kickstarter or other crowdfunding campaigns
- Anyone who wants to "hack" the PR system without the need for a pricey PR firm
- How to "create news" and make ANY start-up more "newsworthy"
- How to leverage breaking news and seasonal "news pegs" for more publicity
- How to best pitch TV producers, radio hosts, newspaper reporters, and magazine editors
- How to tactically "change up" your pitch when targeting bloggers and online influencers
- How to build and manage your own media contact list in minimal time
- How to organize and manage a strategic e-mail blast to media contacts
- How to quickly and easily demonstrate your expertise and credentials
- How to "pre-produce" a segment or story for the media
- How to convert media exposure into website traffic and user data capture
- How to transform a single media interview into regular repeat appearances
- How to answer any media question by perfecting your "talking points"
- How to add "buzz" to your interviews by using hot-button stories and phrases Additionally, please come prepared to briefly explain your product, service, company, or cause (in just a few sentences). Near the end of the presentation, we'll invite audience members on stage to participate in a "Lightning Pitch" round. In 3 minutes or less, Ben will help you brainstorm an awesome "media hook" for getting widespread PR and media coverage.
About The Speaker
Ben Kaplan is a rare "quadruple threat" PR and media expert: Over the course of his 15-year career in the media, he has been featured on 2,000 TV and radio shows (such as Oprah and Good Morning America), served as a media spokesperson for major brands (such as Dr. Pepper and Discover Card), founded a boutique PR firm (with clients like Citibank and Sallie Mae), and worked as a syndicated columnist and commentator (including columns for The New York Times and TIME).
Ben is also a best-selling author, acclaimed public speaker, and the creator of the "PR Hacker Toolbox" -- a turnkey do-it-yourself system that helps any start-up generate massive media and PR coverage. As a true media superstar, Ben continues to garner amazing media coverage each and every day, and has helped hundreds of other companies do it, too.
More about PR Hacker: http://www.prhacker.com/
Check out Ben's video on viral PR: http://www.prhacker.com/viral-pr-video/